Shy around girls Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
please keep anon

i'm a guy who isnt really blessed with natural 'skill' around girls. once i get to know a girl or i've been with her a while i tend to be fine but i get pretty shy around ones that i've just met. it sounds strange but i just dont know how to approach them and in what tone to do so or what to say - i just get nervous.

It's not that i'm bad looking (obviously that's down to opinion, but im not hideous) or anything. i get along fine with guys - im pretty popular and quite outgoing. it's just i dont know how to deal with girls, especially when they're shy too. i think im kind of afraid what they'll think of me if i put a foot wrong. this makes it hard for me to get into relationships

with a long summer coming, can anyone (boys and girls, i guess) help me out?

Thanks!
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
in all honesty, just approach girls as you would boys. If you go in there with the intention of making something more of it you will be nervous. Girls are human too (surprisingly enough :p:) and any 'mistakes' you make will be lessons for the future. Look at it this way: if you make a move on a girl, what's the worst that can happen? And by becoming friends with girls, no doubt you will just slide into a relationship with one of them. So just go in there and make friends - mistake are best made when they don't really matter, especially at a young age. So go on - enjoy yourself and make friends before girlfriends!

Hope this helps!
RamocitoMorales
Badges: 21
Report 9 years ago
Did you go to an all boys secondary school by any chance?
zKlown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
in all honesty, just approach girls as you would boys. If you go in there with the intention of making something more of it you will be nervous. Girls are human too (surprisingly enough :p:) and any 'mistakes' you make will be lessons for the future. Look at it this way: if you make a move on a girl, what's the worst that can happen? And by becoming friends with girls, no doubt you will just slide into a relationship with one of them. So just go in there and make friends - mistake are best made when they don't really matter, especially at a young age. So go on - enjoy yourself and make friends before girlfriends!

Hope this helps!
This = Truth
KayleeLand
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So you want a relationship?
Natasha_c
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have exactly the same problem around guys, it seems so simple and everyones always just like 'talk to them like anyone eles they wont bite,' but when it come down to it I just freeze and get muddled, overthink what to say and just end up saying nothing.
Anyway I still managed to get my man so its not imposible. But tbh the only thing that helped with me was getting drunk lol, or tipsy, probably not good to recomend that as a method though =/.
Tootles
Badges: 20
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by RamocitoMorales)
Did you go to an all boys secondary school by any chance?
I've always been nervous around girls, and at the school I went to there were more girls than boys.

PS: I'm not the OP.
Abbie92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh OP stop being silly. Just go up and talk to them, and unless you're a complete nugget, you'll be fine.
AustralAlien
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Get your knob out, that tends to break the ice quite well.
Tarantula
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Abbie92)
Oh OP stop being silly. Just go up and talk to them, and unless you're a complete nugget, you'll be fine.

It's probaly because of people like you he is scared to approach them. :p:
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just be yourself. Talk as if you were talking to your best friend. Be confident and funny. I make this all sound easy, and it sorta is when you get used to it.
Ella_
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm quite shy around boys but the thing to remember is girls and boys are still people just different genders. Just say the things you would like a girl to say to you, obviously the other way round though don't say something like " wow you have big muscles" LOL.
Tarantula
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Mate, if you are really serious and worried about this. I have something you could do. Check your calendar and find a day where your free. Go into town and approach as many girls as possible. Say something like your beautiful then run away if you have too. Keep this up, you will soon be a natural.

Avoid girls like Abbie though for example :P
N00bsicle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by AustralAlien)
I find it sticks....

:o:

Joke lol.
n0c0ntr0l
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Tarantula)
Mate, if you are really serious and worried about this. I have something you could do. Check your calendar and find a day where your free. Go into town and approach as many girls as possible. Say something like your beautiful then run away if you have too. Keep this up, you will soon be a natural.

Avoid girls like Abbie though for example :P
I'm going to amend that. Go into town, and every shoip you walk into, if you spot a girl, you have to make eye contact and SMILE. BOTH! That's confidence building enough.
kaal1010
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by AustralAlien)
I'd suggest this. If you still feel shy around them you might be gay
AustralAlien
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kaal1010)
I'd suggest this. If you still feel shy around them you might be gay
Exactly. It's a flawless.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads