reassure me... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
anon or delete...

okay, so i've got this best friend, she's a lovely person to be around (been friends for nearly an entire year now), but i can't say im really attracted to her in a more than friendly way. we basically nearly got together at this party (i dont even know why i made it happen) and yeh, we ended up making out and stuff, but not sex though, for the entire night

the thing is, i still want my own personal freedom and choice with women and also feel that i really have to meet this other girl (lives in another country - going there in the summer) and get together with her properly because shes like a representation of quite a few months time and effort to try and build attraction with her so that i could bed her basically

however, my best friend is really keen on me, to the point that she might love me, but i can't reciprocate that love because im not really willing to commit emotionally to a proper relationship with her. we tried discussing being in a more casual relationship where we were free to date whoever whilst dating each other, but she really wants me alone and i guess nothing less will suffice or i'd end up hurting her.. the thing is, we're such close friends that she knows all of this, that id end up hurting her either way - not being in a relationship with her will hurt, being in a sort of one and then sleeping/doing things with other women will hurt..

i think weve came to the decision that we cant be together in any way and we should simply try to be friends, but reassure me that it was the right thing to do and that I should be following through with it..
Sakura-Chan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It was. Open relationships are rarely a good thing, and never when one person wants the relationship to be exclusive. It's probably the best thing for her given the fact you want to 'play the field' and shag whoever you want :p:
member188279
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
As long as there was no cup involved.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yeh probably best not to get involved. if u aint willin to commit then best to ease off. whats for ye will no go by ye. if its meant to happen later on it will. best leave it be just now
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by 00002)
yeh probably best not to get involved. if u aint willin to commit then best to ease off. whats for ye will no go by ye. if its meant to happen later on it will. best leave it be just now
You're just under a year late.
Sakura-Chan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by 00002)
Please don't bump old threads
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (179)
39.43%
No - but I will (25)
5.51%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (218)
48.02%

Watched Threads