Birmingham Uni Watch

This discussion is closed.
*Riz*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Yeah , It'll be interesting to meet people you could potentially be studying with for the next 3 years....lets hope they're nice lol....
SaeedRehman
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I found Birmingham were very slow, didn't hear for about 3 months, so i wouldn't worry.
bham replied to me the quickest from, ox, notts, ucl, kcl, lse.
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Good luck!

I'm at Birmingham and it's great! My flatmate does psychology and she likes it a lot so far.

there are loads of excellent societies and the nightlife is brilliant! If you have any questions about psychology here, ask and I will try to find out for you.

Deb
Leaby
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
OK, my friends also just had an offer from Birmingham for psychology. They've asked her for AAB, and she has to get an A in AVCE Business... Which makes no sense!!
kat
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Leaby)
I got an offer from Birmingham for psychology too! I also got that letter, but it came a week after they made me an offer (???). I'm sure they wouldn't send it if it wasn't official though!
My offer was ABB, which means that I'll either choose the university for my first choice or turn it down... It's too high for insurance. Are you going to the open day on the 26th (next Wednesday) or have they invited you to a different one?

im going to that open day on wed, but ive got a music interview 2 , i dont have a clue how to get 2 the place im well gonna get lost from the train-neva bin 2 b'ham b4!
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Yeah Leaby, unfortunatly unis only seem to see AVCE's as equivilant to A levels if they're in the subject you want to do at uni. So they're seeing an AVCE in business as worth less than an A level (which is a bit unfair maybe) so thus upping her offer and requestin an A in it.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kat)
im going to that open day on wed, but ive got a music interview 2 , i dont have a clue how to get 2 the place im well gonna get lost from the train-neva bin 2 b'ham b4!
Can you get a train from where you are to Birmingham New Street? If so, you can get another train from there to University station and there you are .
Leaby
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Birmingham University WAS really nice...!

Problem is, I couldn't really connect to the other people who'd also had offers... I'm hoping that's because they applied mainly for the nightlife...

So it probably won't be my first choice. Hope you like it though, Riz!
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Thanks, why didn't you feel you could connect with the others?? Did you think they were generally a certain type of people?? Glad you liked it though....
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I had an offer for Brummie (AAB for Law)...I liked the place, good facilities, atmosphere, the redbrick architecture was quite nice...saw some nice totty there as well
Leaby
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well they were all very nice and everything... I just got the impression that they were only really in it for the nightlife, which isn't really my thing. I'm sure you'll be ok though, I'm just strange
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Really?

I find that us Brummie students mostly manage to strike the right balance between work and play. I only go out to clubs one or two nights a week and the other nights are spent in society meetings (I do St John Ambulance), sometimes we go to the cinema but mostly quiet nights in front of the telly!

The nightlife is great, but I think you will find that most students find that it isn't the 'be all and end all', most tend to realise this after the initial excitement of freshers and the first couple of months!
Nylex
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by [email protected])
Really?

I find that us Brummie students mostly manage to strike the right balance between work and play. I only go out to clubs one or two nights a week and the other nights are spent in society meetings (I do St John Ambulance), sometimes we go to the cinema but mostly quiet nights in front of the telly!

The nightlife is great, but I think you will find that most students find that it isn't the 'be all and end all', most tend to realise this after the initial excitement of freshers and the first couple of months!
Same for me here really.. I was at Risa last Monday night. Most of the time, I'm at a society meeting on Thursday night and then usually Physics basketball training on a Saturday night, sometimes game on Sunday.
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Well thanks for all your helpful comments, I guess I will find out for myself what I think on wed. Did everyone else seem to be there with their parents cus I won't be??
Nylex
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by *Riz*)
Well thanks for all your helpful comments, I guess I will find out for myself what I think on wed. Did everyone else seem to be there with their parents cus I won't be??
When I came here for my CS open day, loads of people (including me) brought their parents (or one of them anyway).
*Riz*
Rep:
?
How are everyones' parents able to get random Wednesdays free for all these open days? My parents both work and they can't really just take days off like that.
Leaby
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I didn't go with my parents, and neither did a number of the people I met there. Bring the map with you and you'll be fine
kat
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yep i went on my own, and amazingly found it all very easy to find!
and now looking bk on those who brought parents i would not!
Kaiya
Report 14 years ago
Hey!

Birmingham uni is definatly one of the better unis i visited on the open days. When i applied 2 birmingham i didnt get an offer til January. I know they ask for fairly high grades (ABB) but i wouldnt worry to much. They will accept u even if u dont meet their condintional offer. My mate was asked for AAB and they accepted her even though she got BBC. Though i think that it does depend on the course.

(Im in the 2nd year at birmingham if u hadnt realised ^_^)

I would definatly recommend going to birmingham. Im not trying 2 sell it 2 u or anything but it has a great nite as mentioned before. And if ur not into the nite life then it has a huge range of societies. Im a member of the Anime and Manga soc as well as a few others.

Neway going to stop rambling now

~kaiya~

(p.s. Just wondering how many ppl here go birmingham uni???)
Nylex
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just Debs, you and me I think. It seems quite a few have applied though. What course are you doing?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (113)
26.28%
No (317)
73.72%

Watched Threads