Starting up your own business Watch

hippieglitter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Ok i have neither the money nor the means just yet and in the middle of a recession it is very bad idea but maybe in say 10/15 years time i will. I have always wanted to have my own little shop where i can make and sell things, like bags, i love making bags, i make hundreds, maybe knitted things, once i get any good at knitting, cakes and biscuits, i love baking, anything really, i like being creative.

So what would you say would be the best direction to go in towards being a shop keeper and if you had shop what would you sell?
olegirona
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ha you sound just like my gf

i want to as well. but i want to get uni out of the way first. enjoy being young for 3 years and then go for it. good luck
lodzinski
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd probably get into a food related business, at the high end, either in terms of cookware and kitchen design, or selling high end stuff - I'd really like to set up a coffee shop/tearoom but with a far higher quality than costa et al. However, my parents had a shop (a general store) and the hassle was not worth it, so there is a fine line, esp if you have unlimited liability. I think food has a huge niche in the UK as people are largely uneducated compared to the rest of europe, and that would be the market I would enter, although we researched the idea of a fashion E-tailer for a module this year and that was also highly feasible.
jaw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
if I opened a store, I think I'd definately do it online to bein with, whatever it was
MrsShifty
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It took me 3 degrees before I realised I didn't want to go into academia and open my own patisserie instead. It's not possible at the moment, but I'm going to work for a few years, live cheaply and save up so I've got as much of my own money, as opposed to business loan, as possible. I'd hate to spend my life working for someone else.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.6%
No - but I will (103)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (638)
47.79%

Watched Threads