I'm so depressed... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
A few weeks ago my mum asked me if I wanted to go with her to our villa in Turkey which is situated by the Aegean sea in a holiday friendly town called Ayvalık. I declined her offer because I wanted to save some money to spend at university. Little did I know how dreadful a mistake I had made.

The summer holidays are fast approaching and I'm finishing off my exams. The truth is that I've done very poorly in a few of my exams which will mean that I might have to wait another year before I head off to university. So this made me rethink about the decision I had made to decline going to Turkey.

It looks as if I'll be stuck in England during the summer holidays. Boring, grey and miserable England. I know some of you might find this offensive, but this is really how I feel about England. And then I thought about a girl I had met the last time I was there (the previous summer), and how I hadn't had the courage to ask her out back then. Girls like her would be out of my league in England. Well now it's come back to haunt me as it seems I won't have a second chance to go back and put things right.

I'm also a keen footballer, but in England I don't play for a team. I've had trials at several clubs and also trained with a semi-professional team a few months ago. But I don't have the pace or the height to play in the position I do. But when I go to Turkey in the summer I play for a local team every week because I suit their slower style of play. So it seems as if I'll be stuck in England with no proper football.

The sun, the sea, the sand, I'll be missing so much.

I'm so depressed and I don't know how to combat it.
rosielovesmitchell
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
just go to turkey.
gardreb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why don't you just ask your mum if you can go out there cuz you changed your mind??
graphixx
Report 9 years ago
yeah ask if you can join in on the holiday
sure your parents wont mind
graphixx
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by gardreb)
Why don't you just ask your mum if you can go out there cuz you changed your mind??
yup :rolleyes:
Anonymous #1
It's not that easy. You see my mum has already bought her tickets so if I were to go I'd have to go separately. Also when my mum asked she'd found cheap tickets, now that it's so close to the holidays I think the tickets might be too expensive.
flowermaster91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
go Turkey
pinkpont
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No offence, but plenty of people are going through worse than not getting the chance to go to Turkey - I think perhaps you need a little perspective
tenement_funster
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

I'm so depressed and I don't know how to combat it.[/QUOTE]

my dear i shall be totally frank with you

get a ticket to turkey

and have an extended stay there

it you say you haven't done too well with your exams

so maybe that is your calling to go to Turkey

MAKE A NAME FOR YOURSELF THERE

you say not telling that girl how you feel is haunting you

again i think you would be better off over there

get a job?

it could be like a gap year!

worldly experience!

hope i didn't offend!

xx
AnnieR
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just go to Turkey? They shouldnt mind.
Theres nothing stopping you booking a flight and going.

You need to put your 'depression' into perspective.
You have a villa in Turkey and you're still moaning?
flowermaster91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
easy jet
FallenPetal
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
A few weeks ago my mum asked me if I wanted to go with her to our villa in Turkey which is situated by the Aegean sea in a holiday friendly town called Ayvalık. I declined her offer because I wanted to save some money to spend at university. Little did I know how dreadful a mistake I had made.

The summer holidays are fast approaching and I'm finishing off my exams. The truth is that I've done very poorly in a few of my exams which will mean that I might have to wait another year before I head off to university. So this made me rethink about the decision I had made to decline going to Turkey.

It looks as if I'll be stuck in England during the summer holidays. Boring, grey and miserable England. I know some of you might find this offensive, but this is really how I feel about England. And then I thought about a girl I had met the last time I was there (the previous summer), and how I hadn't had the courage to ask her out back then. Girls like her would be out of my league in England. Well now it's come back to haunt me as it seems I won't have a second chance to go back and put things right.

I'm also a keen footballer, but in England I don't play for a team. I've had trials at several clubs and also trained with a semi-professional team a few months ago. But I don't have the pace or the height to play in the position I do. But when I go to Turkey in the summer I play for a local team every week because I suit their slower style of play. So it seems as if I'll be stuck in England with no proper football.

I'm so depressed and I don't know how to combat it.
Errrrrr. Well you do LIVE here, hate it all you want.

She only asked you 2-3 weeks ago, contact her and say you've had a change of heart. Unless the trip is already underway with about 3 days left there's no reason why you still can't go. And if it is, moping around feeling sorry for yourself isn't going to change much.

And I doubt you've done THAT badly, have faith my feathered friend
MHSJunior
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by pinkpont)
No offence, but plenty of people are going through worse than not getting the chance to go to Turkey - I think perhaps you need a little perspective
This.
Antipannenkoek
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by pinkpont)
Agreed. I'm being made to stay 2 weeks in Germany with a family i don't know who speak little English as my dad wants me to improve my German,
D: i would much rather stay in England
gardreb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I pretty sure if you were that desperate you would work to save the money up as soon as possible.
I really don't see what the problem is here, I wish I could go to turkey!! except i havent got a villa...think yourself lucky!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by tenement_funster)
my dear i shall be totally frank with you

get a ticket to turkey
and have an extended stay there
it you say you haven't done too well with your exams
so maybe that is your calling to go to Turkey

MAKE A NAME FOR YOURSELF THERE

you say not telling that girl how you feel is haunting you
again i think you would be better off over there
get a job?
it could be like a gap year!
worldly experience!
hope i didn't offend!

xx
I don't really understand what you mean by "Make a name for yourself". I think I would be better off there as well, but the quality of education is obviously higher in the UK and I was born here.

I wasn't offended.
Morzor
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by flowermaster91)
easy jet
Why did i read this as easy lover?
markdr
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There are worse things to be 'depressed' about. If you can't still go, make some other plans, do something different, whatever floats your boat.
flowermaster91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Morzor)
Why did i read this as easy lover?
lol
Anonymous #1
(Original post by markdr)
There are worse things to be 'depressed' about. If you can't still go, make some other plans, do something different, whatever floats your boat.
Trust me, in your position it's very easy to say that. But I'm one of those people who need the sun and the sea every now and then and right now, I need it more desperately than ever.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads