Blackberry Storm (3)
15.79%
laeof
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Whats your opinions?
I've never brought a phone before...always had my mums second hand ones when shes gone and brought new ones lol.
SO i thought after exams, im going to get a nice new one .
Ive done a bit of research, Blackberry seems better for developing =D, but seems to have horrible graphics for games?
But i like the fact it seems more apps are free on the BB?

Your opinions?
Segat1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey, I've used both and I'm sorry to say I still love the iPhone. The BB Storm has had a lot of buggy problems and the general feeling is that they rushed it to market. Sadly. It's pretty awesome though. It has a resistive touchscreen which is not to everyone's taste, but then neither is the iPhone's.

Engaget did a podcast on it, and Fry talked about it on his blog.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipod-itune...S&NewsID=23729 also.
madymalik
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
I like iphone
onemortimaa
Report 9 years ago
IPhone because it's cool.
Bucky!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Segat1)
Hey, I've used both and I'm sorry to say I still love the iPhone. The BB Storm has had a lot of buggy problems and the general feeling is that they rushed it to market. Sadly. It's pretty awesome though. It has a resistive touchscreen which is not to everyone's taste, but then neither is the iPhone's.
I agree. I could have been a very good product, but it was far too rushed.

The resistive touchscreen was a bad move (it's not as accurate and tends to stick to your fingers, since they can't use glass)

Also they made the screen sort of clicky, so it felt like pressing a button. It's an awful experience.
laeof
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Bucky!)
I agree. I could have been a very good product, but it was far too rushed.

The resistive touchscreen was a bad move (it's not as accurate and tends to stick to your fingers, since they can't use glass)

Also they made the screen sort of clicky, so it felt like pressing a button. It's an awful experience.
They're bringing out the blackberry storm 2 though in september? Apparently there are a lot less bugs.
member159703
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Used the storm for the first time in Bluewater on Saturday and hated the screen. Love the iPhone screen though. It's definitely its best feature.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
New iPhone in July, new Storm in September.

Although tbh if you're not a business customer, the costs of either of those aren't justifiable to me.

There have been rumours of Apple bringing out more models of iPhone this time, with different connection capabilities, which may mean that there is a cheaper model available, for example.
Jabba1024
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Woop for Iphone, its brilliant AND its amde by apple...what more could you want?
paddy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Personally I love the BB Storm's touch screen, having to actually press down on it means a lot less accidental typing/link clicking.
I want to like the iPhone, but I just don't. I don't think the menus are particularly intuitive, and I dislike traditional touchscreen phones to be perfectly honest.

Anyway I don't really want my music and my phone to be one and the same. I lost my phone the other day (insured thankfully) which sucked, but it would have been waaaaaay worse if it had been my music player too.

The only issue I have with my BB is that it's ****ing chunky. I mean it's pretty much the same size as the iPhone, but they are both ridiculously big for phones. I was used to a TINY Sony Ericsson phone before my BB, so both phones are a lot bigger than I'm used to. If I'm not carrying a bag I have to put it in my pocket and believe me, these phones are not pocket-size:mad: I went out the other night with a rectangular bulge in my chest FFS.

I don't know how girls handle them (what with most female clothing lacking in pockets and small handbags being popular) :no:

Aside from the size though, I am super happy with my BB:yep:
diango
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
IMO, as Bucky! said, the touchscreen on the BB Storm is 'an awful experience.' iPhone is probably a better buy, has a much better browser than the BB, and has a MUCH higher customer satisfaction rate - that is, out of the people that bought it a ridiclously high percentage of people are happy with it. Don't forget the iPhone is also a widescreen iPod which plays video, and has cover flow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.76%
No - but I will (98)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (607)
47.65%

Watched Threads