Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    KFC is lush doens't matter wot it is aslong as it tastes good.

ReputationRep:
    Yuk. I've had food poisoning numerous times from KFC. Fully off it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rxbeef)
    that is a complete load of rubbish. theyve done a lot more good than you have and will ever do.

that is absolutely SPOT ON.

no one is being asked to become vegan, just to have a little respect for other things on earth. you wouldnt want to see you domestic pets thrown into boiling water to die, would you?
    No, but I don't give a **** about chickens. Or you, for that matter. Your beloved PETA actually wanted a US town called Hamburg to change its name because it reminded people of hamburgers. If they aren't a bunch of sad ****-ups, what are they? Bloody veggies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inverurie Jones)
    No, but I don't give a **** about chickens. Or you, for that matter. Your beloved PETA actually wanted a US town called Hamburg to change its name because it reminded people of hamburgers. If they aren't a bunch of sad ****-ups, what are they? Bloody veggies.
    lol, 'bloody veggies'.

I agree. Let's not be needlessly cruel to animals, that principle is right. But PETA are insane. Their methods and their message are both too extreme. You're not exactly going to persuade people to your point of view if you go round harrassing them when they're trying to get lunch, or call them names if they're wearing leather, or condemn them as 'evil' if they eat meat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milady)
    lol, 'bloody veggies'.

I agree. Let's not be needlessly cruel to animals, that principle is right. But PETA are insane. Their methods and their message are both too extreme. You're not exactly going to persuade people to your point of view if you go round harrassing them when they're trying to get lunch, or call them names if they're wearing leather, or condemn them as 'evil' if they eat meat.
    Hooray for leather, meat and blasting things' heads off with firearms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophdoph)
    Yuk. I've had food poisoning numerous times from KFC. Fully off it now.
    It was probably the growth hormones they feed the chickens that got you.

ReputationRep:
    why would growth hormones make you ill?

ReputationRep:
    They might make your extremities become grossly misshapen...if they were human hormones, of course. And they hadn't been cooked. And you ate them every day.

ReputationRep:
    They might make your extremities become grossly misshapen...if they were human hormones, of course. And they hadn't been cooked. And you ate them every day.
    yes. cos people who take growth hormones become grossly misshapen...

and since growth hormones would have been present in the bloody things anyways... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medic_bex)
    yes. cos people who take growth hormones become grossly misshapen...
    I just remember that text book on acromegaly in biology. Ick. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I just remember that text book on acromegaly in biology. Ick. :eek:
    growth hormone is a peptide... so even if it hadn't been denatured by the heat of cooking... it would be digested in your stomach... this is the type of misguided information groups like peta use to persuade people...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medic_bex)
    growth hormone is a peptide... so even if it hadn't been denatured by the heat of cooking... it would be digested in your stomach... this is the type of misguided information groups like peta use to persuade people...
    Shush, I'm trying to make the veggies barf... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    they are only chickens, who cares!!!! well maybe some people do but i certainly dont. ill continue to eat kfc and keep enjoying it.

ReputationRep:
    I won't be eating it ever again, because I never have. It's skanky, greasy muck.

ReputationRep:
    i never eat kfc anyway, cant stand the stuff. I no longer eat any fast food after watching you are what you eat :p:

ReputationRep:
    being referred to as a "bloody veggie" isnt the nicest thing. i DO give a **** about chickens, hence why i dont eat them. how would you know anyway? id like to see you eat your dog/cat/goldfish.

ReputationRep:
    no, but they are being guilted and frightened into vegetarianism.
    people are frightened into stopping smoking. dont see you making any comments there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rxbeef)
    being referred to as a "bloody veggie" isnt the nicest thing. i DO give a **** about chickens, hence why i dont eat them. how would you know anyway? id like to see you eat your dog/cat/goldfish.
    Of course it isn't nice. I didn't mean to be nice. I don't like you people.
    I like my dog, so she's different. I'll shoot any cat you care to point out for free, as I hate them, but eating a goldfish will cost you a fiver. I'll eat you just for fun, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chilipop)
    BEWARE this is not pretty

Click
    my politics teacher had that poster on the wall of the classroom. Very off putting, especially when you're hungry!

ReputationRep:
    because smoking kills!!! eating chickens doesn't! for the love of god...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 16, 2005
Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.