Annoyed at work.. Watch

tootsies
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Argh, i just rang up to see when i was working this weekend and then my boss said i wasn't this weekend but would be next weekend, i just asked if i could not work friday if it was possible and he went on a rant:

"blah blah new people (aiming at me..been there 4 months) are taking advantage...all the old people stuck working all the time because new people taking so much time off...blah blah...if you want time off in future can you write it in the book instead of just crossing your name off or something"

i am offended.

i've only ever specifically asked for time off once, when i was in devon. i worked in the weeks up to my exams (i work 10pm - 5am so this is hard). the past few weeks the following have happened:

twice a girl has asked if she can have my shift because she's desperate for money
once i arranged for someone to cover me because i had an exam on the monday and realised how much work i needed to do
and then last weekend i was really ill and called in sick, it was the sat and i said i'd work the sun if i was feeling better but he said not to worry i should recover.

so frankly, i don't see why he's having a go at me.

argh i'm emotional, i suppose 3 hours sleep and horrid exam doesn't help but pah.
KayleeLand
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Can't you quit?
tootsies
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by KayleeLand)
Can't you quit?
I do love my job. It's at my favourite bar in town, but it sucks that it's stupid hours etc.
skids
Report 9 years ago
Welcome to the real world.
KayleeLand
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tootsies)
I do love my job. It's at my favourite bar in town, but it sucks that it's stupid hours etc.

Well it's all a matter of priorities.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (227)
39.21%
No - but I will (40)
6.91%
No - I don't want to (41)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (271)
46.8%

Watched Threads