How to block out snoring Watch

sa19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm losing loads of sleep due to the sound of loud snoring coming through the ceiling for most of the night Does anyone have any suggestions on how to block out the noise? I've already tried earplugs but they don't work.
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
kill the snorer with an axe
xwardax
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If someones sleeping next to you then you simply pinch there nose and it stops lol
You could try listening to some slow songs on your ipod or something while trying to fall asleep.
130ss
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
put a plaster on your nose.. this will help, i saw it on teh one show
Nooptheloop
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
When I stay at my dads he snores in the next room, and I find that putting my fan on blocks out the noise (and I'm very very sensitive to noise). I'm not sure of the exact name for them, but they're a couple of feet high and stand on the floor, maybe they're just called fans lol, anyway they work
sa19
Rep:
?
Are you talking about white noise machines?

Can anyone reccommend some really good earplugs or headphones which work?
rosetinted
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
White noise machines are surprisingly expensive, I bought one of the cheaper ones (around £20) and it was a heap of crap and broke in a few weeks. If you own an iPod and dock then you can download your relaxing sound of choice and play it to help you sleep. I've got an hour long track of rainfall to help block out external noise, works perfectly, but it takes a little while to get used to sleeping with it on.
xjenni83x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
haha if you find the cure be sure to tell me cos i've lived with it from my dad for 25 years and Uni is going to be the only break i'll get!
Made in the USA
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maybe some of these products would be worth a try: http://www.purewhitenoise.com/s-28-snoring.aspx

If I lived with someone who snored I would definitely consider something like the distant thunderstorm or the sounds of water moving.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Isn't white noise used as a torture technique :lolwut:

http://www.allearplugs.com/ might be a place to start; they have a pretty wide selection
big-boss-91
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i'm afraid i can't help, i'm deaf and i get very peaceful sleep.... but alarm clocks are useless
try smothering the snorer with a pillow?
The-Real-One
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
play loud rock music, that'll definitely block out snoring...:woo: :eek3: :yep:
AwesomeAnt
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Have sex, but moan and groan down a megaphone.
sa19
Rep:
?
I've decided that tying to wake him up is a good idea, but despite however much noise I make, he doesn't wake up and just continues snoring even louder.:mad: Why is this? How can i wake him up when I'm in a separate room?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads