Screen's being a B****! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Delta Aitch
Badges: 13
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Urrrrrgh, I dunno wtf is wrong with my screen! I've restarted the computer three times now and have turned it off completely and left it for ten mins but the problem still persists!

Screen-shots:

It's not impossible to read the screen but it is still very irritating and I don't know how to fix it... Any help would be greatly appreciated because I'm so very close to stabbing a pencil in the middle of the screen and calling it 'art'!
menaa-x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:iiam:
Delta Aitch
(Original post by G8D)
I don't get it.. What is wrong?

EDIT: Change the resolution?
Errr how exactly? I'm pretty much technologically impaired.
alexsheppard11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
itunes looks fine, the webpage has a load of blank spaces, but probably because mcafee or something is blocking the adverts
Delta Aitch
(Original post by alexsheppard11)
itunes looks fine, the webpage has a load of blank spaces, but probably because mcafee or something is blocking the adverts
I'm on about the blurriness of the screen and how it kind of drags to the right.

Also, changing the resolution didn't help either :|
Delta Aitch
(Original post by menaa-x)
Seriously, what was the point of that? You're 'funny', I get it -_-
alexsheppard11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Delta_Aitch)
I'm on about the blurriness of the screen and how it kind of drags to the right.

Also, changing the resolution didn't help either :|
:facepalm2:
well if its a problem with your screen or graphics card, nobody else is going to see the problem are they?
alexsheppard11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
OP, try a different screen, or try resetting the screen
Delta Aitch

well if its a problem with your screen or graphics card, nobody else is going to see the problem are they?
Ahhh man, I did not know this. Embarrassing! Is there any way I can .. you know, fix this?
alexsheppard11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ahhh man, I did not know this. Embarrassing! Is there any way I can .. you know, fix this?
look in post 11
D1774N
Report 9 years ago
errrm
you could try and see if the cable from ur graphics card to ur monitor is put in properly

if its fine... then its probably your screen or graphics thats faulty
menaa-x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Seriously, what was the point of that? You're 'funny', I get it -_-
I was actually going to pos rep you for leaving your name in that neg rep, because noone seems to leave their names but it's been used up im afraid.

Spoiler:
Show
:iiam:
Delta Aitch
Right, so you're going to have to be so very patient with me because I am actually a retard when it comes to computers (yes, only computers!) ... how the fook do I reset my screen?

Also, all the cables going into the monitor seem fine ...
Delta Aitch
(Original post by menaa-x)
I was actually going to pos rep you for leaving your name in that neg rep but it's been used up im afraid.

Spoiler:
Show
Rofl .. fuuuuck I'm in a *****y mood. The screen is driving me insane, I'm telling you!
D1774N
Report 9 years ago
normally there should be like a menu button on the screen
and then try to find the option that says restore factory settings
something like that anyway
Delta Aitch
(Original post by G8D)
Is there a blue cable going from the Tower to the Screen? And do you have a TV that has the same connection?
The tops of two of the cables are blue ... and yes to the same connection thing.
alexsheppard11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Right, so you're going to have to be so very patient with me because I am actually a retard when it comes to computers (yes, only computers!) ... how the fook do I reset my screen?

Also, all the cables going into the monitor seem fine ...
well, press the buttons on the edge of the screen, to enter a menu. then look in the menu that will appear on screen, for a reset/return to factory settings option
menaa-x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Rofl .. fuuuuck I'm in a *****y mood. The screen is driving me insane, I'm telling you!
Control panel & change your resolution

Or right click the desktop and have a look under the properties and appearance settings or whatever?
Tis all I can think of.

If its a PC and not a laptop you might have little buttons on the side. you should be able to change the appearence and stuff through that as well maybe.
Delta Aitch
well, press the buttons on the edge of the screen, to enter a menu. then look in the menu that will appear on screen, for a reset/return to factory settings option
Ahhh right, well I've found it and reset the screen ... but the fookin' blurs are still there! lol
menaa-x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by G8D)
I said this in my first post XD

She says it didn't make a difference.
Oopss my bad sorry! I read her post but didn't bother reading through all of the replies.. :rolleyes:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (564)
37.65%
No - but I will (117)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (108)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (709)
47.33%

Watched Threads