For those who re-applied to uni after a Gap year Watch

MeanMachine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
How did you find the re-applicatiopn process?
Straight-foward?
Good co-operation with your college/ sixth-form?

Thanks
adilmorrison
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My school were very helpful... They even allowed me to finalise my application first since I was going away!
kaal1010
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
pretty smooth. make sue you sort things like references out as early as possible though and if you are taking any modules privately sort them out early too
_ Addie _
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I had no problems. I kept in touch with my tutor (who provided my reference) so she knew what I was doing during my gap year, e-mailed the admissions person to get the application put together and off it went!
yanyanyan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Straight forward, applied through my sixth form, provided my reference and sorted everything for me
ScottishSkier
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
I applied for the first time during my gap year. It was fine, I knew pretty much what to do as all my friends had done it through school the year before so I heard a lot about it. I sent a letter to my school asking for a reference and it was in my email inbox within a week, no hassle!

In many ways I think it was easier doing it myself than through the school, my school made people hand in personal statements and redraft them loads before having an interview with the headteacher and eventually sending it off. I did it myself in 1 morning and afterwards wondered what all the fuss had been about last year!
chriztina27
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Applied through my 6th form, was fine, but did have to do quite a bit of nagging for my references!
Found the application a lot smoother this time round, knowing exactly how the process works, exactly what to put in my Personal Statement, which uni i wanted to go to etc. Defs easier & less stressful the second time round...and you don't have the school deadline to submit it by with teachers nagging at you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.29%
No - but I will (77)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (486)
48.07%

Watched Threads