I like being with myself Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I don't really like to hang out with too many people, I tend to stick to one or two. I never get jealous of anybody. I don't care what other people do. I don't like people helping me out. I love watching films on my own. Don't get me wrong I do chill out with other people like my family and friends but not as much. I really do prefer to be on my own. Is this a normal trait to have? what do you think?
Ewan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loner

Welcome to the club... You'll probably get a lot of people on here agreeing with you...
keepa7
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's your own personal choice, i think everyone wants some time to be alone and just chill
=nuke=
Badges: 11
Report 9 years ago
It's not uncommon. Some people feel the need to surround themselves with people all the time. Some people prefer to do things alone.

I prefer to do things alone too.
ryanc92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sounds like me. Yes its normal.
Walkin'Butterfly
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Very common on here.
SnowAngel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There's nothing wrong with playing with yourself :-)
Papo1489
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
be yourself no matter what other people say, even if it ain't the norm
Ewan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SnowAngel)
There's nothing wrong with playing with yourself :-)
:curious: :yikes:
nugiboy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Cool story brah
AustralAlien
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Suffering from acute withdrawl syndrome, a disease I've coined myself, means that I feel likely to explode whenever I enter into a social situation.
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Doesn't matter, do what feels right for you. I'm the same myself- don't like crowds and I can quite happily watch films by myself because I grew up taking care of myself.
DisgruntledMoth
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Absolutely. You sound just like me, and in fact, many others.

I don't know what it is, but at parties and when I'm in social groups, I get tired very, very quickly. It's like trying to be social with people is a drain on my energy. Hopefully I'll find out in the future that it's just because I've never really 'clicked' with anyone, but in reality we're probably just big fat loners to the core.
Dorito
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I prefer to do certain things on my own, such as school work and watching TV.

But I do like to meet up with a group of friends and chill, play football, cinema etc.

I think everybody needs time to themselves everynow and then, I'd go crazy if I was surrounded by people all the time!
amii_G
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don't really like to hang out with too many people, I tend to stick to one or two. I never get jealous of anybody. I don't care what other people do. I don't like people helping me out. I love watching films on my own. Don't get me wrong I do chill out with other people like my family and friends but not as much. I really do prefer to be on my own. Is this a normal trait to have? what do you think?
Don't worry. I prefer to be by myself, too. Some friends understand this and some really don't. :rolleyes: But it's all good.
amii_G
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
Absolutely. You sound just like me, and in fact, many others.

I hate watching films with pretty much everyone I know anyway. Not to mention no-one has the same taste in film as me, or even anything interesting that I'd like to be introduced to. Film film film, blah blah blah. Sigh.
Yes! Watching films with friends is so annoying! Spot on.
chp89
Report 9 years ago
glad im not the only one, im starting to get really worried about starting uni thought now and having to be around people all the time
Tootles
Badges: 20
Report 9 years ago
I used to be a complete loner, but then I found myself enjoying the company of people I had to work with at school. You'll possibly grow out of it .
Absinth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm a lot like this. Especially watching movies by myself, although with one or two other people can be fun aswell when it's a comedy or a film which is an unintended joke. I also want to retreat away from everyone for a few days after a social event.
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by chp89)
glad im not the only one, im starting to get really worried about starting uni thought now and having to be around people all the time
Uni is alright really. I have friends but last year in halls and this year in my house I've just kept to myself and been in my room a lot. Some people understand and some people call me anti social. It's not that bad because you can pretty much do what you want at uni and if people don't like it it doesn't matter.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads