Turn on thread page Beta

Islam cause of strife in the world? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Kashmir, Palestine, September 11th, 7/7, Pakistan, Mumbai bombings, Bali, Somalia, Sudan, Serbia/Bos-Hergz, Iraq, Iran... the list is endless... :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    dsdd

ReputationRep:
    Explain what you mean by mentioning Iran and I will engage in the discussion.

ReputationRep:
    Politicised Islam, sure. The actual religion however is not a cause of problems, but people manipulating it to become a legal and political system make it into a problem, because religion and politics never mix well, regardless of the name of the religion. Personal religion should be just that, personal.

ReputationRep:
    More than it's fair share.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by persian.royalty)
    Explain what you mean by mentioning Iran and I will engage in the discussion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Iraq_War (for example)

ReputationRep:
    Not the religion itself but people who warp it to justify such atrocities. Same goes for any other religion as stated before, once it gets warped then i think it's inevitable that there will be trouble

ReputationRep:
    People cause of strife in the world...religion can't think for itself or bomb/kill...
    Demented people of all religions kill etc...so you can't really put life's problems down to Islam or any religion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Politicised Islam, sure. The actual religion however is not a cause of problems, but people manipulating it to become a legal and political system make it into a problem, because religion and politics never mix well, regardless of the name of the religion. Personal religion should be just that, personal.
    This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercedesbenzfan)
    Kashmir, Palestine, September 11th, 7/7, Pakistan, Mumbai bombings, Bali, Somalia, Sudan, Serbia/Bos-Hergz, Iraq, Iran... the list is endless... :eek3:
    This doesnt end well for you..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halbeth)
    Correction - RELIGION is the cause of strife in the world. Christianity isn't exactly guilt-free either.
    FFS!

Cant people EVER have a damn conversation without introducing Christianity.

Christianity has a rough past but its not even comparable to what islam is.

ReputationRep:
    The point I'm trying to get across here guys is where there is heavy conflict in today's world Islam seems to be the common factor... what does everyone think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)
    This doesnt end well for you..
    lol at your sig.

ReputationRep:
    The point I'm trying to get across here guys is where there is heavy conflict in today's world Islam seems to be the common factor... what does everyone think?
    Its only radicals apparently :rolleyes:

They sing from the same hymn sheet though....

ReputationRep:
    Kashmir, Palestine, September 11th, 7/7, Pakistan, Mumbai bombings, Bali, Somalia, Sudan, Serbia/Bos-Hergz, Iraq, Iran... the list is endless...
    I personally think it's 'utter ignorance' that is the rife of the world. Speaking of your thread...

ReputationRep:
    Meus, I am not ignorant. I am not saying all Muslims are terrorists, bad people, etc. I am simply stating something which appears to be a fact.

ReputationRep:
    Prepared to get flamed into oblivion..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)
    Prepared to get flamed into oblivion..
    Yeh, it's not as if i would prepare to get a useful post from you.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, it's not as if i would prepare to get a useful post from you.
    Yeah, cause i don't start threads accusing the worlds biggest religion of all of the worlds problems..

God! What a thick cretin i must be..

ReputationRep:
    All I can add to this is that I'm from a strict Muslim family and Islam has caused so much strife, frustration, anger, disappointment, confusion etc in my life:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6#post19113486

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.