Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemby!)
    not so light to read. when its hot i like the simple things in life :p:

plus the names got me all confused lol
    Lol
    I'm actually in Ireland at the mo, and I'm really enjoying the tolerable temperatures here in contrast to England!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    im in london so i get the hottest weather !! unfortunatly not so much of the tan...

what you reading at the mo then craghyrax ?

ReputationRep:
    im in london so i get the hottest weather !! unfortunatly not so much of the tan...

what you reading at the mo then craghyrax ?
    Tan? :rolleyes: I grew up in SA and never once had a tan! I go red under cloud cover! :eek:

'Rats and Gargoyles' by Mary Gentle. I haven't got very far into it yet. I have had barely any time to read because I'm looking after three kids while their mum is at hospital with their Dad who's having surgery. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    hehe i have italian family so no matter how much i am in the sun i am always pale in conparison to them ...i blame my paleness on my scottish side :P

3 kids ?!?!? 1 is enough for me to look after. more than that is pushing your luck lol very nice of you though considering the circumstances

ReputationRep:
    :hello: 'Sup people?

ReputationRep:
    hello....this is an extremely delayed post :p:

ReputationRep:
    3 kids ?!?!? 1 is enough for me to look after. more than that is pushing your luck lol very nice of you though considering the circumstances
    Lol..I'm no Mother Theresa! I came to stay with them for three weeks as a holiday (they're old friends) and the second night here, Mick and I went climbing together and he had his accident. So.. I'm kind of stuck here for three weeks anyways! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What's up?

Crime and Punishment is quite heavy indeed... When reading that type of books, I usually read others at the same time so changing strorylines from time to time makes it easier... Luckily for me, it's winter here.

ReputationRep:
    Check this out:
    Name:  437218.JPG
Views: 45
Size:  26.4 KB
    Translation:
    "He read a few self-help books and loved "The Da Vinci Code"... Now he's getting into the ring of Literature with one that somebody recommended to him..."

I didn't read Ulisses, but I get the idea and agree... what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PabloCV)
    Check this out:
    Translation:
    "He read a few self-help books and loved "The Da Vinci Code"... Now he's getting into the ring of Literature with one that somebody recommended to him..."

quit amusing and probably very apt. i think you could, most likely, change the title and auther for almost any classical literature and it still be true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Tan? :rolleyes: I grew up in SA and never once had a tan! I go red under cloud cover! :eek:

'Rats and Gargoyles' by Mary Gentle. I haven't got very far into it yet. I have had barely any time to read because I'm looking after three kids while their mum is at hospital with their Dad who's having surgery. :mad:
    I started that years ago, still have it, but for some reason never finished it. I enjoyed it and will have to start it again.

How do you like what you've read of it so far?

ReputationRep:
    Check this out:
    Translation:

Very amusing! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Pedantic)
    I started that years ago, still have it, but for some reason never finished it. I enjoyed it and will have to start it again.

How do you like what you've read of it so far?
    Very much, so far. Although I hate it when the author chucks you in the deep end at the start and talks as if you already know how everything works in their fantasy world, and you have to really concentrate and read through quite a lot of the book before you catch onto the nuances that give away what's going on. I don't mean suspense, that's fine, its more that if I don't read it through really carefully I might not get it :confused: It just means that if you haven't got much time, you end up rereading loads of it!!!

ReputationRep:
    What's up?When reading that type of books, I usually read others at the same time so changing strorylines from time to time makes it easier...
    I used to do that a bit, but not any more. I find I get 'lost' into a particular storyline far more fully if its the only one I'm reading at the time.. and I am the sort of person who gets very absorbed in anything I read or watch.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Very much, so far. Although I hate it when the author chucks you in the deep end at the start and talks as if you already know how everything works in their fantasy world, and you have to really concentrate and read through quite a lot of the book before you catch onto the nuances that give away what's going on. I don't mean suspense, that's fine, its more that if I don't read it through really carefully I might not get it :confused: It just means that if you haven't got much time, you end up rereading loads of it!!!
    I know exactly what you mean and i feel the same, when i was reading it, i thought it was just me being daft, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Pedantic)
    ...i thought it was just me being daft, lol.
    You, daft? :eek: Surely not!

ReputationRep:
    Finished the Tony Parsons book so now i have started reading good ol' Thomas Hardy's 'Jude the Obscure'. I have so far read 3 pages lol it was too hot today to read more...

ReputationRep:
    Wow... this place has become a standstill lately! Where are the old timers? Craghyrax? Steph? Elements? Gameplayer_no1?

I've not actually read that book you mentioned, gemby, is it any good? Tomorrow is the day I get a job and buy two books - Phantom by Terry Goodkind and Forest Mage by Robin Hobb :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    Wow... this place has become a standstill lately! Where are the old timers? Craghyrax? Steph? Elements? Gameplayer_no1?

I've not actually read that book you mentioned, gemby, is it any good? Tomorrow is the day I get a job and buy two books - Phantom by Terry Goodkind and Forest Mage by Robin Hobb :party:
    people are either too busy reading or not had time to read and therefore nothing literature related to talk about.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else read Stupid White Men by Michael Moore?

Has anyone else got the impression that he has a hatred of men? I get the impression he stereotypes us all as illiterate senseless slobs.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.