Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi . How are you?

ReputationRep:
    I finally found it in town! But I didnt have enough money on me :bawling: next week then...

ReputationRep:
    :hello:

I'm fine, thanks.... How are you all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Lol. I developed reading a book with my left hand only; that includes turning pages. As a result, eating while reading is not a difficulty.. :cool:
    I don't have a problem eating and drinking while i read, but the act of going to get the food of drink reminds people i exist and they talk to me and start plotting things they want me to do for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Pedantic)
    I don't have a problem eating and drinking while i read, but the act of going to get the food of drink reminds people i exist and they talk to me and start plotting things they want me to do for them.
    *sigh* Excuses!

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel. Picking the right moment is the charm. And you could be clever, and stock your room with food and drink to last you a day, so you don't have to emerge :p:.

ReputationRep:
    how can you become a fast reader?

I have lots to read

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phillip)

I have lots to read
    look up speed reading, i understand the principle, but can't really do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    ... you could be clever, and stock your room with food and drink to last you a day, so you don't have to emerge :p:.
    I was going to suggest this, but I felt self conscious about revealing my extremist tendencies...

ReputationRep:
    Only read good books... They tend to make you read faster!

ReputationRep:
    Only read good books... They tend to make you read faster!
    I'm currently reading The Witching Hour by Anne Rice, and it's a good book, but i read it slower because of the amount of detail in her writiing

ReputationRep:

I have lots to read
    Practise. The more you read, the faster you become . And don't give up, just devote time to the book. It isn't going to read itself .

ReputationRep:
    I was going to suggest this, but I felt self conscious about revealing my extremist tendencies...
    Who said that I did that? Truth is: I'm too active to need to do that :p:. I was merely giving a helpful and practical solution to the problem .

ReputationRep:
    Well i read Mrs.Dalloway ( virginia woolf) really quickly and i felt quite ill

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:
    Ive perfected the art of sinking into a chair and people not noticing :p:
    Cooking whilst reading is more of a challenge...might be why I tend to burn things so often :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphrodite)
    :ditto:
    Ive perfected the art of sinking into a chair and people not noticing :p:
    Cooking whilst reading is more of a challenge...might be why I tend to burn things so often :p:
    i can do that sometimes, but people are learning that when a vast darkness falls over the room, yet it's not dark outside, it must mean i've entered the room.

ReputationRep:
    Well i read Mrs.Dalloway ( virginia woolf) really quickly and i felt quite ill
    Oh dear... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    ...people are learning that when a vast darkness falls over the room, yet it's not dark outside, it must mean i've entered the room.
    Impressive..

ReputationRep:
    i can do that sometimes, but people are learning that when a vast darkness falls over the room, yet it's not dark outside, it must mean i've entered the room.
    :rofl: Im small enough to read on the kitchen work tops :p: sit on them, under the wall cupboards and read:p: hence why dinner gets burnt :p:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.