The Literary Society Watch

Elements
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Craghyrax)
Sorry Elements You know. I got an E in my Chemistry for AS and one of my A2s and nearly died. I had to kill myself to even get those Es. And you know what? After hard work, I brought it all up to an overall C for the whole A level.. so.. it'll turn out ok!
;console; :hugs: How did you almost die (in what sense) if you don't mind me asking? What did you get int he end for your AS's and A2's then? Sorry if that's too nosy.
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Demon_AS)
I think you'll find that you'd never lost the light You simply can't see it, because the end is so close. Believe me, I felt like I just didn't care any more as well... but, well, it turns out that I did I cared enough to get the grades I was after, with suitable hard work. But I still went out, I still went to the gym, played cricket, had guitar lessons etc... Don't stop all that
Well I do care really, that's part of the problem. If I really didn't care then I wouldn't be hurting. Thanks for being so kind to me. i really will try to take on board all this advice and attitudes.
Demon_AS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Elements)
Well I do care really, that's part of the problem. If I really didn't care then I wouldn't be hurting. Thanks for being so kind to me. i really will try to take on board all this advice and attitudes.
Awww, come on :hugs: What are friends for? Well, internet friends anyway lol And I only say these things 'cos I know how awful it can get, sometimes... even if it wasn't that bad for me, I can understand and empathise a little bit.

Just don't try *too* hard, because you can burn yourself out, is all I'm saying... Work hard, by all means, but work at a slower pace so you can survive the whole year I know you'll be fine.
Craghyrax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
;console; :hugs: How did you almost die (in what sense) if you don't mind me asking? What did you get int he end for your AS's and A2's then? Sorry if that's too nosy.
I was so stressed. And I'd worked so hard, and did fine in class and in homework, yet had completely inconsistent results in the exams. So I was in panic. I felt convinced I'd end up with a fail or an E.. I also felt so shattered by getting an E. I'd always been an A/B person.. I had a D once long ago in the mists of time.. but .. it was a real shock to the system.. especially after working HARD. So I nearly died from anxiety, and a bit of depression..

Read my sig or profile for grades...
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Awww, come on :hugs: What are friends for? Well, internet friends anyway lol And I only say these things 'cos I know how awful it can get, sometimes... even if it wasn't that bad for me, I can understand and empathise a little bit.

Just don't try *too* hard, because you can burn yourself out, is all I'm saying... Work hard, by all means, but work at a slower pace so you can survive the whole year I know you'll be fine.
Thanksies.:hugs: :hugs:I don't really have any offline friends that I see in person regularly anymore.*Holds self in from ranting and raving on and offline*. :mad: :ninja:
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Hah, well, I've said it before, and I'll say it again If you want to get stuff off your chest, and you need someone to talk to, then feel free to e-mail/PM me. Craggy made a similar request, and I know what she's like - you can definitely trust her for good, solid advice

I know sometimes girls prefer talking to girls, so there you go! It's like Hovis bread: best of both
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Craghyrax)
I was so stressed. And I'd worked so hard, and did fine in class and in homework, yet had completely inconsistent results in the exams. So I was in panic. I felt convinced I'd end up with a fail or an E.. I also felt so shattered by getting an E. I'd always been an A/B person.. I had a D once long ago in the mists of time.. but .. it was a real shock to the system.. especially after working HARD. So I nearly died from anxiety, and a bit of depression..

Read my sig or profile for grades...
;console; I can empathise. Cool A2 grades. I'm guessing AS not as nice as not in profile.*AS year was awful too and it showed!:mad: *.
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hah, well, I've said it before, and I'll say it again If you want to get stuff off your chest, and you need someone to talk to, then feel free to e-mail/PM me. Craggy made a similar request, and I know what she's like - you can definitely trust her for good, solid advice

I know sometimes girls prefer talking to girls, so there you go! It's like Hovis bread: best of both
Merci. Will consider talking to Craggy and you sometime by PM or whatever. Don't want to be a burden though! Cool pun btw.:p: Time for me to display some ignorance: how on Earth does a blog work and why on Earth would ppl you don't know etc want to read them? :ninja:
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
You're no burden We're offering to be ears, so use us if you want lol.

And a blog? Well, I personally use LiveJournal.com for my blogging. Although not very often, of late.

Basically you write in it like a diary. You can set it to public, friends or private - so only the people you want can read the entries. You can join communities and stuff like here on TSR and make friends from all over the world. It also helps if you have friends from school/that you know personally that blog in the same place, because then you can keep in contact with them.

That's about it
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You're no burden We're offering to be ears, so use us if you want lol.

And a blog? Well, I personally use LiveJournal.com for my blogging. Although not very often, of late.

Basically you write in it like a diary. You can set it to public, friends or private - so only the people you want can read the entries. You can join communities and stuff like here on TSR and make friends from all over the world. It also helps if you have friends from school/that you know personally that blog in the same place, because then you can keep in contact with them.

That's about it
Lol. Invasion of privacy- but only if one makes it private I guess. So if you make it public then whoever randomly finds your stuff can read it right? And comment on it? How do they find your stuff and know that it's something they want to read because it's about a certain something or other that they want to read? What's LiveJournal like then? Is it like TSR? Have you ever been on Xanga or know how that works down there?
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Have made a recent thread kill down in Penguin Soc!:king1: :p:
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Lol. Invasion of privacy- but only if one makes it private I guess. So if you make it public then whoever randomly finds your stuff can read it right? And comment on it? How do they find your stuff and know that it's something they want to read because it's about a certain something or other that they want to read? What's LiveJournal like then? Is it like TSR? Have you ever been on Xanga or know how that works down there?
Yeah, public means anyone who searches/finds your journal can read your stuff. Friends means only your friends can read it. Private means only you can read it. You can set that to individual posts, though, so some posts can be public, some private etc. The option is at the bottom just before you click "Submit".

LiveJournal is a lot like TSR actually. It's hard to describe it, so just follow the link: LiverJournal. I can't say I've ever tried Xanga, to be honest... it's probably the same sort of thing, though.
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thanks for the rep Craphyrax- has meade me feel a little appreciated. :hugs:
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Have made a recent thread kill down in Penguin Soc!:king1: :p:
Lol, I noticed! I only post there during the day, though. No one's on at night, normally
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lol, thanks. If I only I could understand more about how they work- the sites themselves and navigation that is. Did start uo one but deleted it within 10 mins as I got scared.:ninja: What's the point of private then? Surely you'd write down your own personal thoughts elsewhere?...
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:p: I am, sometimes. I tend to kill that thread during the day sometimes too...or else I just get ignored:hmm: ...Peut importe! (My new French informal language phrase to use! Learnt it this week!).
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Lol, what does the french mean?

And, well... I guess having a journal online means it's easier than writing it down, and you can't "lose" the internet - so it'll always be there (as long as you're active).

So, it's worth having one just in case
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lol, what does the french mean?

And, well... I guess having a journal online means it's easier than writing it down, and you can't "lose" the internet - so it'll always be there (as long as you're active).

So, it's worth having one just in case
Lol, I suppose so- prefer writing things down with the good old pen and paper though- seems more likely to be and private and personal etc- remember having this conversation before, in the Writing Society, I think. Might make up several blogs each one being a different part of my personality etc, hehe.:p: I mean we all have and are multi-faceted personalities- well i certainly am anyway! I'm not schizophrenic though! The French means the phrase: Whatever! Learnt the French phrase for not/can't be bothered too from my French French teacher. Damn, my dad is back home...
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Merci. Will consider talking to Craggy and you sometime by PM or whatever. Don't want to be a burden though! Cool pun btw.:p: Time for me to display some ignorance: how on Earth does a blog work and why on Earth would ppl you don't know etc want to read them? :ninja:
You're not a burden, and I can relate cause I also take stuff very seriously. Honestly. Much more than Demon does
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thanks for the rep Craphyrax- has meade me feel a little appreciated. :hugs:
That's craGhyrax No problem; my pleasure!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (293)
26.11%
Yes - they're famous (283)
25.22%
No I don't (546)
48.66%

Watched Threads