Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    I got an A in chem :p:
    Well done you! You must be really smart..

ReputationRep:
    What can I say... gifted . Replied to your email

I'm off now, though. Laters smelly.

ReputationRep:
    I got an A in chem :p:

Or did you already know that?
    I didn't know that! Is it possible to learn all of AS Chem from a good study or revision guide as some ppl apparently do for other subjects etc? If so, which ones because I'm looking onto it!:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Esh)
    had two jan exams. both english. were ok, but could've been a bit better.

and yes, it is slightly aggrevating, to put it mildly. . .

Nah, didn't get an offer from Oxford, which means that I'll be taking time out, writing and that sort of thing

hey, Cosmosophia. Yes, it did take me a while to figure out who you were, and then I saw your ava *doh!* :p:
    Their loss. I'm considering doing that too. Not that I have the same prospects as you from it, at least atm! Sorry to confuse you! Do you like the new name change then or not?^o)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cosmosophia)
    I didn't know that! Is it possible to learn all of AS Chem from a good study or revision guide as some ppl apparently do for other subjects etc? If so, which ones because I'm looking onto it!:p:
    Lol, no... I hate study guides, mainly because they're all a load of crap. You want to do well? Do it off your own back. Read the textbook, download past exam papers, and do as many questions as you can on every topic. Then, get them marked, either by downloading the markschemes with the exam papers, or getting your teacher to check them for you. The only way, I found, to do well was by understanding the subject matter, and then practising exam questions. Without both, I would've gotten no where.

If you need help, though, look me up

ReputationRep:
    Cosmosophia, I'd definitely fully agree with Demon on the Chem, for what my experience of it is worth...

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering doing that too. Not that I have the same prospects as you from it, at least atm!
    Considering applying to Oxford, or taking time off and writing? :confused: Sorry to be nosy.. just wasn't too clear on your meaning there

ReputationRep:
    Their loss. I'm considering doing that too. Not that I have the same prospects as you from it, at least atm! Sorry to confuse you! Do you like the new name change then or not?^o)
    Hehe, that's what I thought too! If they don't want me, their bad! :p:

I'm not sure which name I prefer... I guess I was used to the other one. But this one's cool too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Considering applying to Oxford, or taking time off and writing? :confused: Sorry to be nosy.. just wasn't too clear on your meaning there
    Oh sorry! Taking time off for writing is what I meant! I don't want to go to Oxford.:s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Esh)
    Hehe, that's what I thought too! If they don't want me, their bad! :p:

I'm not sure which name I prefer... I guess I was used to the other one. But this one's cool too!
    Yes, everyone else thinks that too.:s:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your advice on Chemistry, Demon_AS and Craghyrax. Much appreciated. Have decided against fast tracking through it on my own to summer time exams though.:p: Crazy! But if I take time out for writing then I might just take that advice and look you both up again!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, go for it... we're both here to help.

ReputationRep:
    D'accord! Quel'que fois!

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry! Taking time off for writing is what I meant! I don't want to go to Oxford.:s:
    :cool: Got you now!

ReputationRep:
    Weird frenchies... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Weird frenchies... :p:
    Its always so scary posting in another language online cos if you get it wrong sooo many people see before you fix it! :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, that's why I don't do it. Unless it's something like Kiswahili, where anyone who even knows the language would probably be too happy to see someone else who knows it to correct them :p:

ReputationRep:
    ;grouphugs; That is good to know. But not atm. And not if I decide against taking time out- which i had for so long. Still need to get my head around some important stuff and make decisions and that. What do you think of Environemtal Science A-level? You don't think it could b seen as "soft" do you? Just asking because I value your opinion and need input on this!

ReputationRep:
    It's not soft at all, why would you think that? A soft A level would be a cop out A level like Critical Thinking or General Studies :mad:

ReputationRep:
    It is seen as soft. But who cares!? Do what you really enjoy. Somebody out there's got to work to preserve our environment, and you come across as someone who cares alot about that sort of thing. Following what you love is important!

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.