The Literary Society Watch

Elements
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Demon_AS)
You bet it is The reality is even better than the image.
I know!*Is envious*. Thanks for reminding me you insufferable toad!:p: :hugs:
Craghyrax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Elements)
I hope so!
I'm thinking of taking a year out if I do really well by getting the grades I want in my exams in the summer, or if I do really badly. Hopefully the former idea!
Well you'll have loads of time, then.
At least you have lots of time for creative writing too!
I'm not a creative writer, per se. I enjoy the sort of writing I'll be doing in my degree; eg essays, arguments etc. But yeh I have time for writing emails and blogging.
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Craghyrax)
Well you'll have loads of time, then.

I'm not a creative writer, per se. I enjoy the sort of writing I'll be doing in my degree; eg essays, arguments etc. But yeh I have time for writing emails and blogging.
Hmmm
Demon_AS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I know!*Is envious*. Thanks for reminding me you insufferable toad!:p: :hugs:
That's me :king1:
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That's me :king1:
:flute:
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
A huge welcome to Karenou and Dante, our newest members :party: :congrats:
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Welcome guys!! :bumps:
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Craggo is new your co-leader, alongside me She deserves it, so whooooopee for her! :adore:
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
...so whooooopee for her! :adore:
I never thought I'd live to see the day... :rolleyes:
Spoiler:
Show
Cheers Dude :five:
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
A rare moment of kindess. Don't expect anything for your birthday, smelly :hmmm:
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:ninja:
Epicurus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I hope so!
I'm thinking of taking a year out if I do really well by getting the grades I want in my exams in the summer, or if I do really badly. Hopefully the former idea!
I see what you mean by that. At least you have lots of time for creative writing too!
I would seriously reconsider the gap year if you want to spent it reading and writing all day. I am on my gap year at the moment, and I too in the beginning harboured the dream of spending my gap year working on my writing and reading more of the great works. I had it all planned out. I would wake up 7am, do 5 hours of writing followed by an hours lunch. Then at 1, an hour of reading russian literature. Then an hour of Philosophy. I would after all that go to the gym for 2 hours and come back and use the evening as I pleased. It was a good plan, I thought but distractions became all the more appealing (TSR/TV/FRIENDS) and didn't stick to it. After a few months, I went out and got a job and that was my academic dream over. I didn't really want to work and now think I should have gone to uni instead and not take a gap year.
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Epicurus)
I would seriously reconsider the gap year if you want to spent it reading and writing all day. I am on my gap year at the moment, and I too in the beginning harboured the dream of spending my gap year working on my writing and reading more of the great works. I had it all planned out. I would wake up 7am, do 5 hours of writing followed by an hours lunch. Then at 1, an hour of reading russian literature. Then an hour of Philosophy. I would after all that go to the gym for 2 hours and come back and use the evening as I pleased. It was a good plan, I thought but distractions became all the more appealing (TSR/TV/FRIENDS) and didn't stick to it. After a few months, I went out and got a job and that was my academic dream over. I didn't really want to work and now think I should have gone to uni instead and not take a gap year.
Yeh.. I wouldn't have gone for a gap year if I had any choice in the matter ;no;
Reading and studying that much is also quite unrealistic if you don't have some sort of set structure to help you out..

Hey what college are you headed for, Epicurus?
Epicurus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Homerton College.

Hey can I join this soc.
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Homerton College.
Nice
Spoiler:
Show
I'm Peterhouse :five:

Hey can I join this soc.
Sure, no worries. Go onto the soc menu, find Lit soc and click 'join'
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
WELCOME TO EPICURUS:

110th member! :bumps:
Epicurus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
coooooooool
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Craghyrax)
Yeh.. I wouldn't have gone for a gap year if I had any choice in the matter ;no;
Reading and studying that much is also quite unrealistic if you don't have some sort of set structure to help you out..

Hey what college are you headed for, Epicurus?
Yes, well if I take a year out or whatever, it wouldn't be my 1st original choice to do that.;no; And luckily I am quite meticulous at making detailed plans- sticking to them a bit of a problem though!:p: When ambition o'ervaults itself.:p: Although, plans with things I really want to do and woth time to actually undertake them would probably go down alot better!;yes;
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
coooooooool
Lol :rolleyes:
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Heh, I knew I appointed Craggo as co-leader for a reason Nice job, Craggo. :top: :king1:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (5)
15.63%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (15)
46.88%
Nope, not that interesting (12)
37.5%

Watched Threads