The Student Room Group

The Literary Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4960
Abiraleft
Er...Lesbian Fiction?
:rofl: I'll look into it :p:.
Reply 4961
Yes! I finally finished Gormenghast. Finally.
geetar
Yes! I finally finished Gormenghast. Finally.

I read the trilogy recently and definitely liked the second book the most.
Reply 4963
I just finished the latest Artemis Fowl book :smile:. As always, I thought it was another good effort from Eoin Colfer :biggrin:.
PeaceSells

Apparently the third was never polished up properly, I remember liking the first 2.

Demon_AS
I just finished the latest Artemis Fowl book :smile:. As always, I thought it was another good effort from Eoin Colfer :biggrin:.

He's written another has he? I rather enjoyed the last one, but the one before that wasn't that great.
Reply 4965
Yeah, the new one came out last week sometime, I think. It's called "Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox". You can buy it for half price at Waterstones, which is about £6.50. Not too bad, given that it's a hardback! :biggrin:
Reply 4966
PeaceSells

I agree. I didn't think the third book was that great, though; it just semed to drag out towards the end.
Reply 4967
Is the new Artimes Fowl the fifth installment? I've read the first four.

I'm reading the Memoirs of Pablo Neruda, by the way. I recommend everybody read it, its excellent.
Reply 4968
I think there's more than four... aren't there?

Artemis Fowl, The Arctic Incident, The Eternity Code, The Opal Deception, The Lost Colony and now The Time Paradox :biggrin:.

So, the latest one - Time Paradox - is the sixth installment :smile:. I finished it yesterday - good read! :biggrin:
Reply 4969
Abiraleft
Is the new Artimes Fowl the fifth installment? I've read the first four.
It's the sixth. The fifth is The Lost Colony. Like you, I've only read the first four.

Edit: Too late.
Reply 4970
harr
It's the sixth. The fifth is The Lost Colony. Like you, I've only read the first four.

Edit: Too late.
Don't feel too bad :wink:. As leader of the soc it's my duty to post like lightning :p:.
Reply 4971
.......You
...mean
.......all
jagg
..........ed?

Let's see how many ignore lists I'm on after this post...
Reply 4972
Ahh, no, I haven't read 'The Lost Colony'...
Have you guys read the Alex Rider series? I assume there's still six in that one?
I read the first two Artimes Fowls and then the Alex Rider, which had me confused for a while because it took a little time for my brain to register the change in characters.
Reply 4973
harr
.......You
...mean
.......all
jagg
..........ed?

Let's see how many ignore lists I'm on after this post...
:rofl: Nicely done, I like it :biggrin:.
Reply 4974
Abiraleft
Ahh, no, I haven't read 'The Lost Colony'...
Have you guys read the Alex Rider series? I assume there's still six in that one?
I read the first two Artimes Fowls and then the Alex Rider, which had me confused for a while because it took a little time for my brain to register the change in characters.
I've not read Alex Rider, no :no:. Any good? Does it come recommended?
Reply 4975
Yeah, the Alex Rider series is great! If you liked Artimes Fowl, you'll probably like it.
Reply 4976
I shall look into it, for sure :biggrin:. Thanks man! :top:

Have you read Jim Butcher's Dresden Files?
Reply 4977
No, never heard of him. What genre?
(waits expectantly for witty answer)
Reply 4978
Hahahaha, well, you'll have to wait another day. I tend to stick to merely answering questions - especially when it could be the best answer you've ever heard :p:.

He's a fantasy author, writing books that are sort of like Harry Potter meets Sherlock Holmes only even better than the two on their own. It's like the sum of the parts of these two great series together makes something so fantastic and shiny that... well, mere words are not enough to describe how good the product is :p:.

Go forth. Read the Dresden Files.

Then read the wholly unrelated, more traditional fantasy books in Alera Codex.

Then feel free to rep me forever for suggesting these books :p:.
Reply 4979
A warning: The Dresden files are the most utterly formulaic trash you'll find anywhere :p:

They're entertaining - I enjoyed the few I've read - but you have to switch your mind off first, and don't try to read more than one in a row since they're all identical in plot/structure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending