The Student Room Group

The Literary Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5200
Demon_AS
Why you rolling your eyes? :p:

If you don't really care, you don't have to ask lol.

Personally, I don't really like Austen and the rest of the "classic" authors. I'm just in it for the story, which they don't offer.

I do care sorry:sigh:
Reply 5201
Hibz123
I do care sorry:sigh:
Lol, you don't have to make me feel better - I'm not bothered if you do or don't.

You just need to work on your communication a bit more :p:. Rolling your eyes and sighing sends a completely different signal than friendliness and polite interest, you know :p:.

But seeing as you asked - and whether or not you care :p: - I prefer reading fantasy and sci fi. But mainly fantasy :smile:.
Reply 5202
Demon_AS
Lol, you don't have to make me feel better - I'm not bothered if you do or don't.

You just need to work on your communication a bit more :p:. Rolling your eyes and sighing sends a completely different signal than friendliness and polite interest, you know :p:.

But seeing as you asked - and whether or not you care :p: - I prefer reading fantasy and sci fi. But mainly fantasy :smile:.

I do care, sorry if I came across ignorant. Cool, anything in particular? Do you like doctor who?
Reply 5203
Hibz123
I do care, sorry if I came across ignorant. Cool, anything in particular? Do you like doctor who?
Hah, it's ok! As you can probably tell, I don't really mind either way. You didn't come across as ignorant... just a couple of questionable uses of emoticons! Smiles work better than sighs and rolling of the eyes :p:.

Er... I never got into Dr. Who to be honest. I'm more into fantasy (Dr. Who probably ranks as sci fi) - have you heard of David Eddings/Jim Butcher/Robert Jordan/Robin Hobb/Terry Goodkind/Brent Weeks/Garth Nix/Phillip Pullman/J. K. Rowling...?
Reply 5204
Demon_AS
Hah, it's ok! As you can probably tell, I don't really mind either way. You didn't come across as ignorant... just a couple of questionable uses of emoticons! Smiles work better than sighs and rolling of the eyes :p:.

Er... I never got into Dr. Who to be honest. I'm more into fantasy (Dr. Who probably ranks as sci fi) - have you heard of David Eddings/Jim Butcher/Robert Jordan/Robin Hobb/Terry Goodkind/Brent Weeks/Garth Nix/Phillip Pullman/J. K. Rowling...?

Yeah Philip Pullman and J.K rowling are really good writers, and the Harry Potter films are also really good. You agree?
Reply 5205
Hibz123
Yeah Philip Pullman and J.K rowling are really good writers, and the Harry Potter films are also really good. You agree?
Indeed! I love all the authors I mentioned.

What HP book did you like most?
Reply 5206
Demon_AS
Indeed! I love all the authors I mentioned.

What HP book did you like most?

Half blood prince:smile:

Gotta go

Speak soon.
Reply 5207
Hibz123
Half blood prince:smile:

Gotta go

Speak soon.
Ah, nice one.

Take care! :ciao:
Ooooo I like this group. =)

My favourite books:
Harry Potter - J.K.Rowling
Black Magician Trilogy & Age of The Five Trilogy- Trudi Canavan
The Iliad - Homer
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
Little Women - Lousia May Alcott
The Pianist - Wladislaw Szpilman
Anne Frank's Diary - Anne Frank
Twilight Saga (except the last book - bit disappointing) Stephenie Meyer
The Gift - Alison Croggon

I'm reading 'Anna Karenina' by Tolstoy at the moment. It's very good. =)
Reply 5209
What genre is Anna Karenina?
I'm not too sure - it's about Russian society.
Reply 5211
Hahaha, ah, I see.

I just like fantasy :getmecoat:.
I like fantasy too. =)
Favourite book/series?
Reply 5213
Hmmmm, too hard a question.

Current favourite series: Dresden Files/Alera Codex, both by Jim Butcher :biggrin:. You?
:biggrin:
Hmmm.... That really is a tough question! Aha!
I would probably say Harry Potter - it's the series I enjoyed reading most, though I haven't read them in a while.
Reply 5215
Butterflytears91
:biggrin:
Hmmm.... That really is a tough question! Aha!
I would probably say Harry Potter - it's the series I enjoyed reading most, though I haven't read them in a while.
Read Jim Butcher! You'd very quickly find yourself an author you liked even more :p:.
Demon_AS
Read Jim Butcher! You'd very quickly find yourself an author you liked even more :p:.

Ahaha! Maybe after I've finished Anna Karenina. I've still got 800 pages to go though...
Reply 5217
Butterflytears91
Ahaha! Maybe after I've finished Anna Karenina. I've still got 800 pages to go though...
:wink: Go on... Jim > All :wink:.
Demon_AS
:wink: Go on... Jim > All :wink:.

Haha!
I'll hold you to that mind. :wink: He'd better be good! :p:
Reply 5219
Butterflytears91
Haha!
I'll hold you to that mind. :wink: He'd better be good! :p:
Trust me... he leaves in Rowling in the dust :wink:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending