Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
trish xx
bless you!:smile:

thank you,m'lady
Reply 681
Becca
Aw, I love Woodstock, he's so cute! :smile:

i love those books.and have you watched the cartoons?they're hilarious! :biggrin: i've watched two,the one where they go to Paris and the one where they're on camp and they're battling the bullies(can't remember the names of the episodes :redface: ).
classic stuff:rofl:
I have a Woodstock, his name is Woodstock...uhuh!
I think you can still find the numbskulls in The Beano or The Dandy I forget which - I have some old annuals from the 60/70's they are really cooolo, my brother has ripped them apart though =0(

!Paperbacks all the way!
yo-less
thank you,m'lady

you are welcome.....:biggrin:
Reply 684
Jayjayjay
I have a Woodstock, his name is Woodstock...uhuh!
I think you can still find the numbskulls in The Beano or The Dandy I forget which - I have some old annuals from the 60/70's they are really cooolo, my brother has ripped them apart though =0(

!Paperbacks all the way!

if it helps,alot of my old books are horribly tattered too :rolleyes:
Reply 685
i am back to discover this thread has died in my absense.goody...

discussion - what was the last book you read which surpassed you expectations?

mine would have to be The Wild Boy And Queen Moon by K M Peyton.i started it cos it had a pretty cover but it turned out to be superb
Reply 686
the time travellers wife - my expectations were that it would be awful, but it wasn't actually that bad!
Reply 687
The Miracle Strain (now named the Messiah Code to leech from Da Vinci profits). I thought it would be mediocre copying of Da Vinci but it was a reasonable book in its own right.
can i join please???
Peter Ackroyd's done an biography of Shakespeare.....

Everybody run to Waterstones! If it's as good as 'Blake' that is....
Reply 690
staylor
The Miracle Strain (now named the Messiah Code to leech from Da Vinci profits). I thought it would be mediocre copying of Da Vinci but it was a reasonable book in its own right.

:hmmmm2:written before the da vinci code or after?
Reply 691
trish xx
can i join please???

arn't you already a member?ah well,yes.go check the member list in the first post :cool:
Reply 692
steerpike
the time travellers wife - my expectations were that it would be awful, but it wasn't actually that bad!

this is random,but you have an awesome avatar :biggrin:

cornelia funke's Inkheart was much more awesome than i thought it would be.
on the other hand,phillip pullman's other books weren't nearly as good as his dark materials trilogy.i suppose my expectations fr them were too high :frown:
Reply 693
Ring - I expected it to just be like the Japanese films but there were some parts not in the film that were really interesting and I'm almost sad they didn't make it into the film. The whole book I read in the same day because I just couldn't put it down.
Reply 694
yo-less
this is random,but you have an awesome avatar :biggrin:

why thank you, though I can't take the credit for it, it's stolen from the genius-ness of Tim Burton.
Reply 695
i thought i posted in here yesterday .... meh

hello 1 n all
Reply 696
Sorani
Ring - I expected it to just be like the Japanese films but there were some parts not in the film that were really interesting and I'm almost sad they didn't make it into the film. The whole book I read in the same day because I just couldn't put it down.

wow,there's a book *makes note* must be awesome...creepy girls crawling out of TVs... :cool:
Reply 697
gemby!
i thought i posted in here yesterday .... meh

it's called amnesia...sounds like asia,but it's a whole different continent :smile:
Reply 698
yo-less
it's called amnesia...sounds like asia,but it's a whole different continent :smile:

and its those sort of things that i need to remember ! :rolleyes:
Reply 699
gemby!
and its those sort of things that i need to remember ! :rolleyes:

have you had your medication for the day yet? :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending