ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    I couldnt get into Noughts and Crosses.
    Did you try it again?
    Maybe it's just not your thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    and so is Mr.Lemony Snicket :cool:
    Frankly I hate Lemony, but just so you know the manager guy at our nearest Vue cinema looks just like him. I always comment upon it loudly when he passes us.

(Original post by staylor)
    Frankly I hate Lemony, but just so you know the manager guy at our nearest Vue cinema looks just like him. I always comment upon it loudly when he passes us.
    :mad:snicket is lovely and rocks my socks!

ReputationRep:
    Whhhhhy?

(Original post by Sorani)
    Whhhhhy?
    (>INSERT STUPID REASON<)

:mad:

ReputationRep:
    hate to intrude on your debate about l.snickett (although i must add, i do like his books!) .....has anyone read ' The notebook' by Nicholas sparks? everyone keeps telling me the movie is nices( sweet and touching)... and when i came across the book decided to read...thought it was good although was a bit draggy but very touching....anyone else?

you didn't tell me it was draggy?

so this is what you do to me now,eh?leave out the details?:hmpf:midget!

ReputationRep:
    just a bit ...in a few places but its really nice though....

(Original post by IgnorantDreamer)
    just a bit ...in a few places but its really nice though....
    why arn't you in your room? :mad:

anyone read Roald Dahl's short stories?

ReputationRep:
    ooh yeah, have you read the really twisted one about the woman running a bed breakfast who kills then stuffs all her guests? It's really bizarre.

(Original post by steerpike)
    ooh yeah, have you read the really twisted one about the woman running a bed breakfast who kills then stuffs all her guests? It's really bizarre.
    i love them,they're awesome.i have a huge book of them,i read one before i go to sleep each night,no matter what other book i'm reading at the time

you read Royal jelly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    i love them,they're awesome.i have a huge book of them,i read one before i go to sleep each night,no matter what other book i'm reading at the time

you read Royal jelly?
    nope, the only other one I've read is 'henry sugar' which is also really good, though not as macabre as his adult ones!

nope, the only other one I've read is 'henry sugar' which is also really good, though not as macabre as his adult ones!
    what's macabre?

ReputationRep:
    ermm, slightly twisted and gruesome, representing death, that sort of thing. Is it the 'kiss kiss' collection that you have, because that's the one I keep meaning to buy...

ermm, slightly twisted and gruesome, representing death, that sort of thing. Is it the 'kiss kiss' collection that you have, because that's the one I keep meaning to buy...
    i actually have about 3 or 4 collections rolled into one.am currently on kiss kiss :cool:

i can't remeber if i did this but...

discussion:who are your favourite literary characters?

ReputationRep:
    there are lots and lots....and lots...for me :p:

care to specify?*glares reedily*

ReputationRep:
    i think in tess of the d'urbervilles tess what a character that i actually liked and never really found her to have any bad points, which i usually find in characters. wouldnt say she is a fav though .

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.