The Student Room Group

The Literary Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
I think it's crap and not really worth the effort of reading, but if you're feeling left out of conversations... maybe you should get some different friends.
Thinking about it, it's probably perfect reading in the bath material - doesn't require much effort, doesn't matter if you drop it. Actually, why does fear of dropping the book stop people reading in the bath? I mean, how often do you normally drop a book when you're reading it?
Reply 801
*starry_eyed_*
ok i sneaked the da vinci code from my dad today, but is it worth reading? read the back of the book and it seems very technical!"

As a historical document :rolleyes:...nope, it's not worth reading. As a part of popular culture, yeah it is. :smile:
Reply 802
ayaan
Huzzah!

Whatever happened to 'staylors list of excellent words', I had a mini campaign to bring back the word huzzah on it, I think.

yeah where the heck has that thread disappeared off to?:wtf?:
Reply 803
Madelyn
I think it's crap and not really worth the effort of reading, but if you're feeling left out of conversations... maybe you should get some different friends.
Thinking about it, it's probably perfect reading in the bath material - doesn't require much effort, doesn't matter if you drop it. Actually, why does fear of dropping the book stop people reading in the bath? I mean, how often do you normally drop a book when you're reading it?

:s:um...i read in the bath.and i did nearly drop the book...i dunno,with all the foam and stuff...*shrugs*

do you guys read in the bath too? :redface:
Reply 804
I try but my arms get quite tired of having to hold it above the water so long and my elbows are cold from being on the sides of the bath..just too awkward and I don't want to risk getting my precious books wet - which is a risk for me coz like I said my arms get tired.
Reply 805
i see we're both 90 pound weaklings:cool:
Reply 806
I don't read particularly precious books in the bath, but then bathtime reading ought to be fairly non-intellectual anyway.
Maybe we should start a new thread entitled "staylors list of excellent words". I don't remember the 'huzzah' campaign, though. I thought I was the only person to use that word.
Reply 807
are you kidding me?Vixen - TSR member - taught me that word.i love it:cool:
Reply 808
i see we're both 90 pound weaklings

Indeed, I'm one of those people who only gains any weight around the middle (I barely gain weight anyway tho) leaving me with fat-free stick arms - I thought I may have some record of the thinnest arms unfortunately I have seen pictures of Chiaki Kuriyama who has beaten me *hangs head in shame*
Reply 809
Sorani
Indeed, I'm one of those people who only gains any weight around the middle (I barely gain weight anyway tho) leaving me with fat-free stick arms - I thought I may have some record of the thinnest arms unfortunately I have seen pictures of Chiaki Kuriyama who has beaten me *hangs head in shame*

whoo,i have stick arms too!
*realizes its nothing to be proud of* :eek:

who is this chiaka kuriyama person? :confused:
Reply 810
Madelyn

glad to hear that. my latin teacher said i'd like it, but i've got more important books to be getting on with now :biggrin: i was about to buy this textbook on amazon before by someone called r jacoff :rofl:
Reply 811
who is this chiaka kuriyama person

Gogo Yubari in Kill Bill, Takako Chigusa in Battle Royale - along with a few other Japanese roles.

http://chiaki-kuriyama.zanlius.com/images/chiaki_105.jpg
http://chiaki-kuriyama.zanlius.com/images/chiaki_109.jpg

These pics show pretty well how thin the girl is.
Reply 812
good Lord!
that is damn freaky!:eek:
Reply 813
Anyone read 'The Haunting Of Alaizabel Cray'???

admittedly, I disliked the message of the book (themes, whatever) but I thoroughly enjoyed the gothic setting. Anyone know of any books like that (ie. set in gloomy, victorian/edwardian/etc london, that kind of thing) which are not the bartemaius trilogy.

ooh. gothic! I'm starting to like it.
Reply 814
Weejimmie
Good vampire books, of course. Have you never heard of google?

i meant the Tess thing :confused:

congrats on modship btw,all the best :smile:
Reply 815
milady
Anyone read 'The Haunting Of Alaizabel Cray'???

admittedly, I disliked the message of the book (themes, whatever) but I thoroughly enjoyed the gothic setting. Anyone know of any books like that (ie. set in gloomy, victorian/edwardian/etc london, that kind of thing) which are not the bartemaius trilogy.

ooh. gothic! I'm starting to like it.

i love that kind of a setting.it gives the book a lovely atmosphere.old London is beautiful,especially for someone like me who's never been there
yo-less
:s:um...i read in the bath.and i did nearly drop the book...i dunno,with all the foam and stuff...*shrugs*

do you guys read in the bath too? :redface:

I do!

But currently I have no bath, only a shower, so not much reading going on.
We should invent waterproof books! (Yes, I know they already exist for babies but shush :P)
Join me up haste-post-haste
Reply 819
ayaan
I do!

But currently I have no bath, only a shower, so not much reading going on.

you could erm...water-proof it
don't ask how :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending