The Student Room Group

The Literary Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Elusive Moose
We should invent waterproof books! (Yes, I know they already exist for babies but shush :P)

freaky,thats just what i said :eek:

i didn't know ones for babied existed :confused:
Reply 821
jaydoh
Join me up haste-post-haste

sure
milady
Anyone read 'The Haunting Of Alaizabel Cray'???

admittedly, I disliked the message of the book (themes, whatever) but I thoroughly enjoyed the gothic setting. Anyone know of any books like that (ie. set in gloomy, victorian/edwardian/etc london, that kind of thing) which are not the bartemaius trilogy.

ooh. gothic! I'm starting to like it.

I read that some time ago - I liked the setting as well, quite dark and mysterious....hmmmm
yo-less
freaky,thats just what i said :eek:

i didn't know ones for babied existed :confused:

There are ones you can get which are specially for bath time... All squidgy and plasticy! (Not that I spend all my time at work playing with the kids' books...) Don't think the same thing would quite work for normal books- 100 pages would be the same width as the new John Irving book (e.g. THICK!!!!).

Hmmm, I wonder if there's a way to laminate books...
Elusive Moose
There are ones you can get which are specially for bath time... All squidgy and plasticy! (Not that I spend all my time at work playing with the kids' books...) Don't think the same thing would quite work for normal books- 100 pages would be the same width as the new John Irving book (e.g. THICK!!!!).

Hmmm, I wonder if there's a way to laminate books...

We should run with this idea, it'll be a goldmine.
Reply 825
ayaan
We should run with this idea, it'll be a goldmine.

we could split the money:evil: i get 50% though cos it's my thread :rolleyes:
I think there'll be enough to go around.
*Patents idea*

Now the money's all mine, biatches :P
Reply 828
foiled by a moose!:hmpf:
yo-less
we could aplit the money:evil: i get 50% though cos it's my thread :rolleyes:

What's aplit?
Reply 830
i meant split...oops:rolleyes:*edits*
yo-less
foiled by a moose!:hmpf:

And it was just pie in the sky 'til I said it could work...
Reply 832
ayaan
And it was just pie in the sky 'til I said it could work...

*flings strawberry pie at ayaan* :smile:
yo-less
*flings strawberry pie at ayaan* :smile:

Do you understand the term metaphor?
Reply 834
no...:rolleyes: is it like meet a foe?
Reply 835
have we reached Virtual death?:eek:
Reply 836
Maybe having a book fight would wake people up *loads book cannon - it's good to know the Bible is good for something*
Reply 837
Sorani
Maybe having a book fight would wake people up *loads book cannon - it's good to know the Bible is good for something*

Yes; the Bible is great canon. Good for reading (especially the New Testament), though yes, it's all canon.
Reply 838
If you've ever been on the site fanfic.net (self explanatory - writing fanfiction from differing films, books, tv shows and celebrities) there's a section for Bible fanfic.

Here's some nice fanfic summaries from that section:

Bush and the pope get together to resurrect Jesus in order to take over the world by converting everyone to Christianity. But the plan didn't see a few things coming...(warning: some slash)

A little story of what really happened after God created the heaven and the earth. Warning: contains homosexuality.
(The title is: Adam and Steve)

Slashy. God/Satan

A bus full of ugly people crashes. When they all go to heaven, what does God ask them?

When Allie finds a pair of lucky underwear, she thinks they'll help Justin to notice her. But little does she know that nothing can change God's plan for her

Your basic Jesus Story zapped into the 20th century. Mariah is a normal every day 15-year-old when she's zapped with life-changing news from none other than good old Gabe himself.

I think fanfic inspires some deep Freudian lust in us for poor-writing, over the top stories and, of course, slash.
Reply 839
Oh I like fanfiction too (I have a bit of a penchant for harry potter fanfics).
Mind, I don't find the biblical ones at all funny.

They stray too far from canon.

/beating a dead horse, or whatever the expression is. I made a pnu. A pun! (a while back anyway) gah, I am so pathetic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending