The Student Room Group

The Literary Society

Scroll to see replies

Shylock
i never watch the harry potter movies,they don't do justice to the book.

But as films I consider them to be really good. No film will ever be able do such a book justice but the later films are fantastic anyway.
meh the special effects aren't to my liking....
Reply 1182
I hated the Goblet of Fire movie with a vengeance... They totally screwed up Dumbledore and Krum:hmpf:
lol i've never watched any only a few scenes from each...
Reply 1184
Hey everyone, just joined. I love reading, some of my favourites are the Noughts and Cross trilogy, Harry Potter, Sabriel, His Dark Materials, and lots lots more that I can't think of at the moment lol. I just bought The Chocolate War today, it's supposed to be quite good. Anyone read it?
no not yet but when you do,we won't have to coz you could just tell us :biggrin:
yo-less
I hated the Goblet of Fire movie with a vengeance... They totally screwed up Dumbledore and Krum:hmpf:

i agree, they made Dumbledore look like a werid old man when he's supposed to be wise :frown: :mad:
Reply 1187
Well in all fariness in the first two or three Dumbledore looked ready to fall apart!
Reply 1188
lol. To be honest I always considered Dumbledore to have alot more life in him than he's had in the films. To me, in the films, he's just come across as this wise old man, and while I do think he's a wise old man, there's just sooo much more to him!
Reply 1189
Thats what I thought - if Richard Harris had tried to do the things I thought DUmbledore would, he would have broken in half - twiggy old men arent Dumbledore!
Hmm I thought he should be wider too.
Reply 1191
staylor
Well in all fariness in the first two or three Dumbledore looked ready to fall apart!

Well that's what he um... Did. Richard Harris that is:eek: Respects...

Are you telling me you guys like the Goblet of Fire movie?^o) Views please...
yo-less

never watched them although i might get it from the school library..see what all the fuss is about..:rolleyes:
I hate the way everyone says 'that book is a copy of Harry Potter'. I've heard that said about Artemis Fowl (WTF was there to link THOSE two?) and Negima (which is far superior).
oo Artemis Fowl is sound! lol i haven't seen the movies but there are so not alike in any way! who says that?! they should be hanged :mad:
Reply 1195
yo-less

I thought GOF was okay - an improvement on the previous ones certainly, though to be honest they changed the story too much (even though they didnt change it much at all!)
Reply 1196
yo-less

As a film, it was reasonable, but it didn't do justice to the book at all. The acting has certainly improved, but far too much was missed out that was in the book. For example, at the end of the book, Harry gives Fred and George the money for their joke shop, and they missed that out of the film. I know that seems like a small thing, but the joke shop has a reasonably big part in the next two books, and how are they gonna explain where they got all the money from?!
Reply 1197
AndrewsJoseph
I hate the way everyone says 'that book is a copy of Harry Potter'. I've heard that said about Artemis Fowl (WTF was there to link THOSE two?) and Negima (which is far superior).

Artemis Fowl is nothing like Harry Potter! That's like saying LoTR and Discworld are alike because they are both set in completely magical worlds:rolleyes: .
Shylock
oo Artemis Fowl is sound! lol i haven't seen the movies but there are so not alike in any way! who says that?! they should be hanged :mad:

They haven't made a movie. Yet.
staylor
I thought GOF was okay - an improvement on the previous ones certainly, though to be honest they changed the story too much (even though they didnt change it much at all!)

That doesn't make any sense?:>.<:

I hated the movie personally:nn:
~Bex~
As a film, it was reasonable, but it didn't do justice to the book at all. The acting has certainly improved, but far too much was missed out that was in the book. For example, at the end of the book, Harry gives Fred and George the money for their joke shop, and they missed that out of the film. I know that seems like a small thing, but the joke shop has a reasonably big part in the next two books, and how are they gonna explain where they got all the money from?!

Exactly! And everything was so unclear! Anyone who hadn't read the book would have been totally lost on the whole Moody/ Barty/ Barty Jr issue.
I've read some books.
Reply 1199
I love the Harry Potter series and I only watch the films because I love the books. They're alright...but the more I read and the more I watch, the more I notice the films have screwed up :rolleyes:

Just finished Deception Point by Dan Brown...was a good book. Although I prefer Angels and Demons :smile: On to Digital Fortress...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending