Turn on thread page Beta

The Literary Society watch

Announcements
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    dunno. i asked the nice librarian for any new interesting looking books and she gave me that one.so i'll have to read it to find out.

has anyone read ' the alchemist'? oo it's good but i can't remember if i finished it so i'm gonna read it again soo

ReputationRep:
    Ive heard of it...whos it by?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i can't remember his name. he's spanish though i think.google it...ah it's by Paul Coelho

ReputationRep:
    whats it about?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    about this boy who sells all he's got because this king told him to and he goes in search of this treasure in egypt and his experiences on his way...there are some great deep quotes in the book

ReputationRep:
    sounds interesting...shall have to check out my library
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    it is..

(Original post by Shylock)
    dunno. i asked the nice librarian for any new interesting looking books and she gave me that one.so i'll have to read it to find out.

has anyone read ' the alchemist'? oo it's good but i can't remember if i finished it so i'm gonna read it again soo
    Yes that was quite a good book. I was quite inspired when I read it; I actually wanted to become a gold maker:rolleyes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    aww yo-less lol

ReputationRep:
    I think I know the one. It never really looked very good to be honest.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    doesn't look it but it's good

For some reason, I've got very strongly into high fantasy LOTR-esque novels. I can't even read Artemis Fowl anymore! God help me...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    artemis fowl is cool :p: i liked the small fiesty pixie girl that hated artemis...LOTR is cool too but too long.i prefer the movies lol

artemis fowl is cool :p: i liked the small fiesty pixie girl that hated artemis...LOTR is cool too but too long.i prefer the movies lol
    Holly was great! But she hated Artemis, whom I love:love: Or who I used to love, rather.

LOTR-esque doesn't specifically mean LOTR I found those books rather tedious tbh. What with the long drawn out descriptions and miniscule writing...
    No offence to LOTR, I do respect it.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    like i said, i prefer the movies lol they're too big those books....what LOTR type books are you reading?

fiesty lil thing holly hehe

ReputationRep:
    LOTR rocks. Like granite.

like i said, i prefer the movies lol they're too big those books....what LOTR type books are you reading?

fiesty lil thing holly hehe
    Sheshe actually

(Original post by staylor)
    LOTR rocks. Like granite.
    That explains the book's weight then:flute:

_____

New discussion; Where are your reading spots?ie Where do you tend to read mostly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    Holly was great! But she hated Artemis, whom I love:love: Or who I used to love, rather.

LOTR-esque doesn't specifically mean LOTR I found those books rather tedious tbh. What with the long drawn out descriptions and miniscule writing...
    No offence to LOTR, I do respect it.
    In the end she did love him though..you got the *warning cheesy phrase coming up* vibes *told ya!*

Ive reserved a couple of books from my library - The Alchemist and Labryinth

ReputationRep:
    I tend to read either in bed, at school or when I take my dog to the woods :p: I sit down and let my dog free and read my book
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by misst)
    In the end she did love him though..you got the *warning cheesy phrase coming up* vibes *told ya!*

Ive reserved a couple of books from my library - The Alchemist and Labryinth
    the alchemist good :yy:

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.