The Literary Society Watch

Elements
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by A_Singh)
As have I. It's interesting to see what other people think... although it's difficult, too, online - because if you can't see someone's face, there's always room for misinterpretation, especially in the intended tone of the post. It's nice to be able to discuss without offending (*cough*Steph*cough*:p:) lol.
Replace that coughing fit name mention with Vienna and I know what you mean!:ninja:
Demon_AS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Elements)
:p: I agree. Well my tone was genuine and not sarky at all, just so you know. Even though this is online, I am being myself, if you know what I mean? I like it that there's no offending too. I've misinterpreted some ppl before and some times it wasn't all that pleasant, others it was confusing, and others it was . :p: Thanks for calling me mature- well saying that I have some maturity (perception linkage).
Indeed . While sometimes it's easy to misinterpret, I didn't have trouble seeing the sincerity in our conversation, so no worries there! I'm usually pretty obvious when I'm being sarcastic .

As to the maturity thing, no worries. Our conversation was hardly immature . A little off topic, perhaps, but never the former haha.
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Indeed . Exactly the kind of humour I subscribe to...

Mind you, I'll laugh at almost anything, because that's the kind of person I am. I gather it's irritating, too :p:.
What's irritating? The dry humour in House or you laughing at anything?
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Replace that with coughing fit name mention with Vienna and I know what you mean!:ninja:
Haha, my comment stems back to a conversation between myself and Steph on MSN...

For some reason or another, she always seems to get all huffy when I say things :p:.
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
What's irritating? The dry humour in House or you laughing at anything?
My laughing at everything . I dunno why it would be, but it used wind up people up the wrong way :p:.
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Indeed . While sometimes it's easy to misinterpret, I didn't have trouble seeing the sincerity in our conversation, so no worries there! I'm usually pretty obvious when I'm being sarcastic .

As to the maturity thing, no worries. Our conversation was hardly immature . A little off topic, perhaps, but never the former haha.
Absolutely! That's good to know! I often find that most ppl don't distinguish when I am being sarcastic or satirical. Sometimes that's annoying but other times it just makes me laugh, whether out loud or to myself inside at them. :rofl:
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Haha, my comment stems back to a conversation between myself and Steph on MSN...

For some reason or another, she always seems to get all huffy when I say things :p:.
Well that depends on what you say and the timing of it, doesn't it? :rolleyes:
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My laughing at everything . I dunno why it would be, but it used wind up people up the wrong way :p:.
Maybe they thought that you were laughing at and insulting them?
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Well that depends on what you say and the timing of it, doesn't it? :rolleyes:
Lol, definitely to do with my sense of timing, I think. Sometimes it's perfect and sometimes... well, it's just not lol. This may have been one of those times. But I like think that maybe she's not totally blameless either :p:.
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Maybe they thought that you were laughing at and insulting them?
Lol, possibly. I think it's more to do with the fact that nothing they said ever really got to me or depressed me, and sometimes seeing a bright smile first thing in the morning is not what they wanted to see :p:.

School is a funny place...
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lol, possibly. I think it's more to do with the fact that nothing they said ever really got to me or depressed me, and sometimes seeing a bright smile first thing in the morning is not what they wanted to see :p:.

School is a funny place...
Oh they're just lazy. Keep smiling because positivity is great!
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Oh they're just lazy. Keep smiling because positivity is great!
Oh, definitely . Sometimes it's either laugh or cry... and I know which one I prefer .
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh, definitely . Sometimes it's either laugh or cry... and I know which one I prefer .
Definitely. Did you get your rep btw?
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Definitely. Did you get your rep btw?
Haha, literally five seconds ago I checked. Thank you very much indeed .

And we'll probably definitely talk more in future .
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Haha, literally five seconds ago I checked. Thank you very much indeed .

And we'll probably definitely talk more in future .
Brilliant!:yy:

So what do you want to talk about now?
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Brilliant!:yy:

So what do you want to talk about now?
Lol, I'm not sure I can, really. I need to get off my lazy arse and do some revision for my exams haha.

You can have my MSN, if you want. We can chat more on there, sometime.

Laters, Elements .
Mr_Pedantic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So, are they the kind of books to make one laugh out loud?
Yeah, i got quite a few funny looks when i was reading them, i was laughing outloud so often
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr_Pedantic)
Yeah, i got quite a few funny looks when i was reading them, i was laughing outloud so often
Well, good! Looks like I'm starting to compile a mental list of possible reads this summer...

Thanks for the recommendation .
Mr_Pedantic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well, good! Looks like I'm starting to compile a mental list of possible reads this summer...

Thanks for the recommendation .
i've more got a pile of summer read... it's not ordered enough to be thought of as a list.

The problem i have is finding/making time to read.
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Well, at the moment, my exams take precedence. So all my reading time - literally - is invested the in the reading of my text books.

But once they are over... well, there's only so much guitar I can play in 24 hours, and only so much sport and I play, too. Even my playstation gets dull after a few hours. I'll need something to do, and that'll motivate me into finding all these books .

All in all, it's a pretty thorough system lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.2%
Leave (425)
20.8%

Watched Threads