The Literary Society Watch

Craghyrax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by A_Singh)
Lol, that's three points that I guard and treasure jealously. According to the number of jewels I have, I'm just really nice .
If I went by the amount of jewels I have I'd be really really miserable! Its a bit annoying too..cause I pos rep soo many people (always for a good reason..not haphazardly) and..as you know..have negged only once!
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Aye, lass, methinks ye ken whut I wus intendin' ta say.

:p:.

Glad you feel the same way!
Its really fun chatting with other people who care about things like culture and literature, and who have intelligent outlooks on life...but its so easy for me as a person, to forget what a luxury it is, and to risk getting sucked into a merry intellectual bubble where it becomes the norm, which can prevent one from being realistic about the real world..and therefore one's expectations of others too. (If you know what I mean?) *its late*
Demon_AS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Craghyrax)
If I went by the amount of jewels I have I'd be really really miserable! Its a bit annoying too..cause I pos rep soo many people (always for a good reason..not haphazardly) and..as you know..have negged only once!
I was just about to pos-rep you . But I've already rep'd someone in the last 24 hours, so I shall do it tomorrow .
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I was just about to pos-rep you . But I've already rep'd someone in the last 24 hours, so I shall do it tomorrow .
Aaaaw..

Pardon nosiness..but some of your earlier posts made it sound like you're at a boarding school. Are you?
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Its really fun chatting with other people who care about things like culture and literature, and who have intelligent outlooks on life...but its so easy for me as a person, to forget what a luxury it is, and to risk getting sucked into a merry intellectual bubble where it becomes the norm, which can prevent one from being realistic about the real world..and therefore one's expectations of others too. (If you know what I mean?) *its late*
I know what you mean. I, too, enjoy intellectual conversation, for the most part. I think it's alright to get carried away by one's ideals, as long as you remember that at the end of the day, the world works in different ways.

I guess, as long as you stare the truth in the eye, and not deceive yourself through wishful thinking, having ideals is absolutely fine, and definitely ought to be encouraged. Without ideals, the world can't become a better place, I think...
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Aaaaw..

Pardon nosiness..but some of your earlier posts made it sound like you're at a boarding school. Are you?
Lol, before I answer that very acute perception, let me answer with a question. What made you say that?
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lol, before I answer that very acute perception, let me answer with a question. What made you say that?
I'd LOVE to take credit for perceptiveness..but sadly that wasn't an example.. I'll find the post for you in a sec..
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lol, possibly. I think it's more to do with the fact that nothing they said ever really got to me or depressed me, and sometimes seeing a bright smile first thing in the morning is not what they wanted to see :p:.

School is a funny place...
LOL...not neoroscience! *crapp that reminds me I've got to revise!!!...<returning panic>*

Lol I laughed at that exchange back there..cause I'm so one of those people who finds the most random things funny at random moments..and gets all these stares! I'm the one in the back of the cinema laughing my head off when everyone else is stony silent!
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Haha, I see. Well, to answer your question: No, I've never been to a boarding school .

I did, however, work for my school as an assistant lab technician in the mornings, so I used to get there at around 7:50 a.m. There's always the usual early birds, and usually tired lol. So, I normally have a wide smile on my face, which grated on someone who seemed a little off with me that morning :p:. And every other morning, for that matter.

That's where the comment came from

And yes, the interchange was pretty amusing in places hehe.
Mr_Pedantic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
if it's not too private, how much rep have you got?
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Haha, I see. Well, to answer your question: No, I've never been to a boarding school .

I did, however, work for my school as an assistant lab technician in the mornings, so I used to get there at around 7:50 a.m. There's always the usual early birds, and usually tired lol. So, I normally have a wide smile on my face, which grated on someone who seemed a little off with me that morning :p:. And every other morning, for that matter.

That's where the comment came from

And yes, the interchange was pretty amusing in places hehe.
MAD! I'm literally now sending out tonnes of my CVs to every laboratory I can find! Also intending to work as a Lab technician for my gap year.. How was it?
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
MAD! I'm literally now sending out tonnes of my CVs to every laboratory I can find! Also intending to work as a Lab technician for my gap year.. How was it?
It was pretty good, actually. Not a very taxing job, as it was in and around school, but the helping out around the labs was pretty cool sometimes. Didn't get to muck about with all that many chemicals, but I had some interesting chores such as melting glass, bending stuff, fixing stuff... it was pretty cool, and convenient because it was around my school hours.

Definitely go for it if you don't have an aversion to lots of washing up and some boringly repetetive tasks!
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mr_Pedantic)
if it's not too private, how much rep have you got?
Now if you actually could be bothered..you could figure it out by the figures I've given.. But I'll spare you the pointless maths..21points I think. I can pos rep 7 and neg 3.
I've had 6 pos reps.. all from newbies on Chem and Bio thread for the help I gave with our planning assignments for our prac exams..and then one..only one.. rep with anything in it from someone on the disabled soc.
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It was pretty good, actually. Not a very taxing job, as it was in and around school, but the helping out around the labs was pretty cool sometimes. Didn't get to muck about with all that many chemicals, but I had some interesting chores such as melting glass, bending stuff, fixing stuff... it was pretty cool, and convenient because it was around my school hours.

Definitely go for it if you don't have an aversion to lots of washing up and some boringly repetetive tasks!
I have no choice. My Uni education was postponed 3yrs when I moved back to the UK cause I need to be resident for 3yrs before I get grants or loans from the state.. Silly..when I get everything else without hassels (I was born in Maidstone)
So A levels was 2yrs.. I got Chemistry.. which I didn't have.. and need for Biological Science anyway..so that made it worthwhile...but next year I have to support myself entirely (family are in SA)..and I really really want to work in a lab as it will be really helpful for the future.
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
I have no choice. My Uni education was postponed 3yrs when I moved back to the UK cause I need to be resident for 3yrs before I get grants or loans from the state.. Silly..when I get everything else without hassels (I was born in Maidstone)
So A levels was 2yrs.. I got Chemistry.. which I didn't have.. and need for Biological Science anyway..so that made it worthwhile...but next year I have to support myself entirely (family are in SA)..and I really really want to work in a lab as it will be really helpful for the future.
Wow...

If you don't mind my asking, how old are you? And what A Levels do you do? You seem to be doing similar things to me. I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, German and General Studies (I have to do the latter... it's such as waste of time!).

How's it all coming along? You ready for the exams?
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Just to hark back to an earlier train... you probably won't like to hear me say it..but some of the topics of convo between you and Elements did make me think you might go to a boarding school or private school..so it was a bit of that too!
Mr_Pedantic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Now if you actually could be bothered..you could figure it out by the figures I've given.. But I'll spare you the pointless maths..21points I think. I can pos rep 7 and neg 3.
I've had 6 pos reps.. all from newbies on Chem and Bio thread for the help I gave with our planning assignments for our prac exams..and then one..only one.. rep with anything in it from someone on the disabled soc.
i'm so tired, it didn't occur to me.
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wow...

If you don't mind my asking, how old are you? And what A Levels do you do? You seem to be doing similar things to me. I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, German and General Studies (I have to do the latter... it's such as waste of time!).

How's it all coming along? You ready for the exams?
Its all on my profile (as I'm sure Steph would hasten to remind you)
I'm not feeling ready for my exams, even though I worked sooo so so hard this year.. For two reasons..
1: My Bio lecturer DIDNT TEACH this year..so I have taught myself from the textbook. Its fine.. I don't mind in theory..its not hard..but boy oh boy does it take up all your time! So where Bio is usually my forte..I'm struggling to get all the details safely under the familiar zone simply because there's been no practise..and no application..just a one off read and a few notes!

Chem.. well I'm fine at Chem and I do well in class (C or B) which is fine for me cause I suck at Maths and I'm much more of an Arts minded person anyway.. But I kept getting Es last year! And in my Jan exam! Which was a shock..cause I didn't find them hard..and I did revise..and I got Bs and As for the practise papers!

Sooo...I've already done 7 exams.. 5 resits.. and I've got so much work I'm near tears! And I have 7 more coming! AAAKK! There aren't hours in the day!
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Just to hark back to an earlier train... you probably won't like to hear me say it..but some of the topics of convo between you and Elements did make me think you might go to a boarding school or private school..so it was a bit of that too!
Haha, well, I suspect there's a compliment in there somewhere, so thank you for it .

I have an interesting capacity to think about things that no one my age should be thinking about. In some ways it's a shame, but in others it's an advantage...

I guess I have a tendency to type in a manner formal enough to be thought of as someone from a private school. :top:
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mr_Pedantic)
i'm so tired, it didn't occur to me.
Same..don't worry! And anyway..its effort..esp when TSR is this slow (it is on my pc for some reason lately anyway..)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (56)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (117)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (117)
40.34%

Watched Threads