What is your strange irrational fear that nobody else has you think?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Who has a strange irrational fear, not the boring ones like clowns, spiders, ventroloquist dummies and clowns (All of which I am scared of!)

I'm also sh*t scared of Pylons, cuz when i was little there was this ad for electricity and these pylons started walking around and it gave me knightmares, and I still find them very disturbing
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Who has a strange irrational fear, not the boring ones like clowns, spiders, ventroloquist dummies and clowns (All of which I am scared of!)

I'm also sh*t scared of Pylons, cuz when i was little there was this ad for electricity and these pylons started walking around and it gave me knightmares, and I still find them very disturbing
Milk.
Infinity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I was terrified of the cone heads on Saturday night live when I was a child. Irrational fears now........ let me think on that.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I think I just about remember that now you remind me, but I could be getting it mixed up with the "Big Ben/Alligator" title sequence for On The Record (mom and dad always used to watch the weather on BBC, and they left the TV on and straight afterwards was this crap political program).
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
I can't drink milk on it's own, I didn't drink it for so long the taste makes me gag now..and my mate is scared of mushrooms....
theone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Paranoid of burgulars...
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Infinity)
I was terrified of the cone heads on Saturday night live when I was a child. Irrational fears now........ let me think on that.
The SNL set is teeny.. I went there when I was in New York, I saw Carson Daly and was mean to him and I was on Donahue next to the crazy lady in the audience, that fancied Regis Philby or whatever his name is who was there
Perplexed
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I can't drink milk on it's own, I didn't drink it for so long the taste makes me gag now..and my mate is scared of mushrooms....
I haven't drunk milk since I was 4 years old.

I think I had a dream involving a spider swimming in my breakfast cereal... put me off for life.

I don't trust liquids I can't see through.
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
im scared of animals....i think thts pretty irrational since most of them are soooo cute....but i could never touch one
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Oooooh, I know we switch to another instructor in 2 weeks, who started w/ 15 students and only has 1 student left, he's supposed to be a real hard ass. Then that really isn't an irrational fear unless...all of the rumors are true.
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm scared of intergration by substitution. A rather rational irrational fear I must say (not trying to be funny or anything).
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
I'm also scared of gingerbread men, when I was ill with tonsilitis last year I had a delirious dream about a french gingerbread pirate and we argued and he told me that his leg wasn't a chocolate finger and he was gay and since then I can't eat them, my mum said she came to my room and I was shouting at the top of my lungs in french
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
yeh it makes me gag 2...but i still drink it for the calcium...but stil not enough thts y i got those white marks on my fingernails
theone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Linda)
I'm scared of intergration by substitution. A rather rational irrational fear I must say (not trying to be funny or anything).
A fear of many Maths students I imagine
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I have a fear of hight over water, I could be 200ft off the ground above land and I'd be fine but 15ft above water and I panick.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Infinity)
I have a fear of hight over water, I could be 200ft off the ground above land and I'd be fine but 15ft above water and I panick.
thats purdy darned random
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm also scared of gingerbread men, when I was ill with tonsilitis last year I had a delirious dream about a french gingerbread pirate and we argued and he told me that his leg wasn't a chocolate finger and he was gay and since then I can't eat them, my mum said she came to my room and I was shouting at the top of my lungs in french
My cousin had a convo w/ the cat in the hat once, of course he was wasted beyond beleif at the time.
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by theone)
A fear of many Maths students I imagine
hehe, yes. You see, I was sick when we had classes on it, and now I'm trying to teach myself how to do it, have a calculus test comming up... I've even had nightmares about equations floating around, trying to solve them, there was an evil claculator(!) in there somwhere too, messing up my calculations.
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I can't think of any for myself, but I do have a friend who is terrified of fake trees.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Today is the worst day of the year for my friend CT as she has an EXTREMLEY irrational fear of people in animal costumes, think Bungle from Rainbow and the Coral video with the bear...and tonight being Children in Need..poor girl
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (587)
49.91%
No (589)
50.09%

Watched Threads