Multinationals Watch

This discussion is closed.
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bismarck)
Do you think making it illegal for foreign firms to open up factories in poor countries would help the people in those poor countries? By "help" I mean do you think the working conditions, salary, and amount of jobs would increase.
No. Instead of there being bad jobs there would be no jobs.
shadowkin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bismarck)
Do you think making it illegal for foreign firms to open up factories in poor countries would help the people in those poor countries? By "help" I mean do you think the working conditions, salary, and amount of jobs would increase.
This post doesn't make any sense. How can you 'increase' working conditions. And how can you generalise that all countries will be better off without TNCs?

Some countries may get investment and modernise agriculture and earn more as labourers on a farm, then practice commericalised farming.

Removing the TNC won't necessarily make any changes, I don't think people argue that, its the exploitation in the first place and the money that is made of the hard work of others (with little reward) that is the problem.

The implementation of standards on working conditions is more important than removing the company altogether.
Bismarck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by shadowkin)
This post doesn't make any sense. How can you 'increase' working conditions. And how can you generalise that all countries will be better off without TNCs?

Some countries may get investment and modernise agriculture and earn more as labourers on a farm, then practice commericalised farming.

Removing the TNC won't necessarily make any changes, I don't think people argue that, its the exploitation in the first place and the money that is made of the hard work of others (with little reward) that is the problem.

The implementation of standards on working conditions is more important than removing the company altogether.
Even if imposing those regulations would make the labor in those poor countries uncompetitive with their Western counterparts?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (6)
16.67%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (17)
47.22%
Nope, not that interesting (13)
36.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise