Turn on thread page Beta

Need to have an "experience"! watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so Ive just been given an unplanned £500 from the rents. Clearly this should be saved wisely for university in september (I dont wana be the poorest student at Notts!) but I'l be honest, that aint gunna happen! And the usual suggestions of buy an ipod etc just dont really do it for me.
    So, if your still reading and haven't logged off from my casual announcement that I got some money (!) I really could do with some help.

What I need is to have an "experience" something that I'l always remember and can start conversations with new people by saying "oh you know what I once did...!" It could be UK based or abroad, anything from a day to a month. Now the real ***** is here, its gotta be a solo adventure. Damn those loved up/poor/work full time friends!

So what do you suggest?
    And would you go off on your own?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate86)
    Ok, so Ive just been given an unplanned £500 from the rents. Clearly this should be saved wisely for university in september (I dont wana be the poorest student at Notts!) but I'l be honest, that aint gunna happen! And the usual suggestions of buy an ipod etc just dont really do it for me.
    So, if your still reading and haven't logged off from my casual announcement that I got some money (!) I really could do with some help.

What I need is to have an "experience" something that I'l always remember and can start conversations with new people by saying "oh you know what I once did...!" It could be UK based or abroad, anything from a day to a month. Now the real ***** is here, its gotta be a solo adventure. Damn those loved up/poor/work full time friends!

So what do you suggest?
    If you're desparate to buy yourself something get a mini ipod, then save the rest fro when you get to uni, not for boring stuff like food if you don't wan, but it can go towards a big-ass party or something!

ReputationRep:
    Kick ass party at uni sounds gud, but il be the gal that just turns up at other peoples parties, eats their food, drinks their drink and goes home with all my pennies still in my purse!

ReputationRep:
    Incidentally, why did your parents give you £500?

ReputationRep:
    Because my dad gets a bonus at work once a year. And puppy dog eyes can go a long way!

ReputationRep:
    yikes your parents are generous!!! and as for suggestions... you probably wouldn't want my advice, I'd just blow it all on clothes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate86)

So what do you suggest?
    Go backpacking.

ReputationRep:
    lots of lovely clothes sounds great louinwonderland, but i just really want to feel like i've "done something" with the money and not wasted it!
    To felicity- How much could I really do with £500 pounds backpacking? Cos thats the total amount, all I got! Dont people usually have much bigger budget than that?

And, how many of you have taken trips abroad completely on your own? Im comfortable in my own company ect but never been in any situation like that before.

thanx x

ReputationRep:
    just stick it in a bank or something

ReputationRep:
    Buy a tramp a suit and some shiny shoes.

ReputationRep:
    bungee jumping-i know it doesn't cost £500

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisah)
    bungee jumping-i know it doesn't cost £500
    ah good point

ReputationRep:
    zigzag, would said tramp appreciate some shiny shoes?! hmmmmm

coldfusion- "stick it in a bank"! nonononono, I needa get out there mate!

bungee jumping sounds good, but I guess its like reading a book, I'l want someone to be there to actually see I'm doing it. Else whats the point(!)

So I'm thinking......... if I save it, and all us guys go fundraising, we can club together to pay off those Jamster losers. Then we could watch MTV in peace without the 24/7 chick, frog and the new stupid green dragon ringtone ads! Who's with me??!!

ReputationRep:
    lol but with regrd to bungee jumping video camra it- either by srapping one on! or ask the bugee jumping people :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    Inter-railing in Europe. Or go to a random east-european country for a holiday!

ReputationRep:
    go to new york and get high with random people in hotels and parks.

It worked for me
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Go backpacking around the west coast of Scotland. Lovely area.
    Go flying

ReputationRep:
    Thanks heaps for all your suggestions, keep them coming! I love this board!!!
    Becca, I was reading about inter-railing earlier, have you done this?
    Ermmmm, Metta, New York is awesome, but I doubt Id even be able to cover the flights! And dont you know getting high is (adopts "Clueless" esq voice) just so five years ago!

And BlackHawk, what is it I might encounter up the West coast of Scotland?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louinwonderland)
    yikes your parents are generous!!! and as for suggestions... you probably wouldn't want my advice, I'd just blow it all on clothes

I would do the same thing, just buy clothes

Zain

ReputationRep:
    Im such a cheap ass when it comes to clothes! Id probably take it to H&M and get 50 new tops!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 8, 2005
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.