Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hi, is anyone else a fan of Queens music - i am a massive fan!!!! :cool:
staylor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Really?

Ive kind of grown bored of it, Ive listened to it too much.
pikaboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I was seriously obsessed with them a year ago. Then I quit listening to them so I could concentrate on my exams (yeah, I listened to them that much). Now they don't sound so special anymore...but they're still my favourite band
wiwarin_mir
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by pikaboo)
I was seriously obsessed with them a year ago. Then I quit listening to them so I could concentrate on my exams (yeah, I listened to them that much). Now they don't sound so special anymore...but they're still my favourite band
They used to be one of my favourite bands as well, although since then I progressed onto Japanese bands like Ellegarden.
Piggsil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think Queen are brilliant because they can do so many different styles of music but you always know it's Queen when you listen to it.........I'm liking 'Somebody to Love' and 'Killer Queen'......
And no matter how many times I hear it, I never get bored of Bohemian Rhapsody! One of the best records of all time!
Haras Sarah
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Queen are goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood! Freddie Mercury is a legend!
pikaboo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Meh, I always liked Roger best. (the drummer)
Haras Sarah
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They all good..but Freddie just had that extra sumfin, and it wasnt JUST to do with the outfits and moustache! :p:
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well, it takes someone great to sing I'm in love with my car.
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by staylor)
Really?

Ive kind of grown bored of it, Ive listened to it too much.
Yes me too. I was really into it in primary school. Its kinda finzzled out. Sure its still great music. But lets put it like this, I skip them on my ipod.
ringlets anon.
Badges: 1
Report 13 years ago
Queen are a legend. I have even tried to participate in a production of 'we will rock you' at the dominian theatre although that didn't go down too well. It's tragic really(my obsession) but i was brought up on them!
LostRiot
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
everyone seems to have been through a queen stage.

appart from me, they really do nothing for me, oh, well much better bands out there.
ringlets anon.
Report 13 years ago
Queen set the stage for all the other bands.
LostRiot
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ringlets anon.)
Queen set the stage for all the other bands.
they didn't.
queen formed in the early 1970's how could thye have possibly se tht e stage for all other bands, when rock music had already been defined in the 60's.

i'd say the rolling stones, the beatles, The Kinks, The Who , pink floyd, the doors, Velvet Underground , led zepplin and jimi hendrix (along with others i can't be bothered to post) all had much bigger parts to play in the evolution of pop music.
ringlets anon.
Report 13 years ago
haha, i am very sorry...just desperatly trying to get my principle across.
Haras Sarah
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by KidA)
they didn't.
queen formed in the early 1970's how could thye have possibly se tht e stage for all other bands, when rock music had already been defined in the 60's.

i'd say the rolling stones, the beatles, The Kinks, The Who , pink floyd, the doors, Velvet Underground , led zepplin and jimi hendrix (along with others i can't be bothered to post) all had much bigger parts to play in the evolution of pop music.
All of the above mentioned bands ROCK...as suggested by their music of preferance..BUT Queen have undoubtly influenced other bands (not just G(bloody)4) and are rock legends..true enough the above bands are too (Jimi esp) BUT Queens influence and class should NOT be dismissed, evn if u dunt like thier music! :rolleyes:
Xanthe
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I absolutely love Queen.

Freddie Mercury rocks! My faves are 'Somebody to Love' amongst others and of course the superb 'Bohemian Rhapsody'...

Is anyone going to see them in July?

Someone should start TSR Queen Society...
Mean Mr. Mustard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
meh, Queen are ok, their songs are fun and catchy, but they were nothing special IMO and are grossly overrated...
Xanthe
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Which band do you think are good, then? Queen IMO would definately be up there...
looby3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Yay - so there are quite a few queen fans out there - now then what are your favourite queen songs?
Mine are only the good die young!, don't try suicide and love of my life!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1365)
79.73%
Leave (347)
20.27%

Watched Threads