Turn on thread page Beta

Queen watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    It wouldn't have taken long before Queen beat the Beatles and the Rolling Stones in terms of weeks in the charts etc. Plus which band has the largest audience for a concert hmmm? How many countries did it contain hmmmm? People only blab on about hte Beatles because they were the first great band of their time around so they get the name. Bit like Hendrix with the guitar really. Oh, and every member of Queen happened to be very academic outside of music, which only present day band members can dream of.

b*llocks, if you're talking about record sales, the Beatles have sold more than a billion records, something only they and Elvis can boast, and so what if every member of Queen were 'academic outside of music'. I really couldn't care less, it makes no difference to the music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    And now we have people like Westlife and Aqua and Spice Girls and..... :rolleyes:

again, that's a load of b*llocks, like we didn't have teenie pop and novelty acts in the 60's, 70's and 80's? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Also, Queen didn't mind singing about any topic - fat bottomed girls, suicide, killing people!!! - their variety is amazing and they were the inventors of the music video!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looby3)
    Also, Queen didn't mind singing about any topic - fat bottomed girls, suicide, killing people!!! - their variety is amazing and they were the inventors of the music video!!!
    Yay!
    And don't forget Brian May's hair. It's a national treasure!!

ReputationRep:
    I love Queen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Bethany*)
    I love Queen.
    :dito:

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god...i loooooooovvvvveeeee queen!!!! they rock!! i luv everything bout them!! and, roger taylor was so cute when he was younger!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by embelina)
    Oh my god...i loooooooovvvvveeeee queen!!!! they rock!! i luv everything bout them!! and, roger taylor was so cute when he was younger!
    :eek:

Now you're talking

ReputationRep:
    hehe, is that bout the way queen rock or roger taylor??!! i wish i could see them on their tour..id still go weak at the knees if i met roger taylor now....hes still slightly blonde!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by embelina)
    hehe, is that bout the way queen rock or roger taylor??!! i wish i could see them on their tour..id still go weak at the knees if i met roger taylor now....hes still slightly blonde!
    Roger Taylor! I had a massive crush on his younger self last year...yeah, he's still got the eyes as well, pity about the wrinkles :p:

As for Brian, meh, he'll never age. :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Queen are classic. Love 'em. Brian May is a god on guitar. But Freddie Mercury is a complete legend. Favourite song: I Want to Break Free. What a video as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    Yeah, Queen are classic. Love 'em. Brian May is a god on guitar. But Freddie Mercury is a complete legend. Favourite song: I Want to Break Free. What a video as well!
    Loving the cross-dressing! Am I right in thinking that that video was bannd by the BBC for a while?

ReputationRep:
    No idea! But that's hilarious if it was!

ReputationRep:
    It was banned in America, because it had 'homosexual' overtones :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonie)
    In some ways queen were better than the beatles and the stones. Queen stayed together longer than the beatles even though Freddie died, and the stones were very underground and had a required taste, the only reson people like them now is cos they are legends. Queen on the other hand have been consistant and forever tried to better themselves. (In my opinion.)
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    b*llocks, if you're talking about record sales, the Beatles have sold more than a billion records, something only they and Elvis can boast, and so what if every member of Queen were 'academic outside of music'. I really couldn't care less, it makes no difference to the music.
    No? Do you think that Freddie's influence of art had no bearings on any of the music at all including stage costumes and music videos which then in turn affect other things? At least they wouldn'y be stacking shelves at a supermarket or on the dole if they never made it as a music band. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Yet they have guns... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    again, that's a load of b*llocks, like we didn't have teenie pop and novelty acts in the 60's, 70's and 80's? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    At least it's not in your face all of the time having a bunch of townies sing one song and can't play any instruments whatsoever. :rolleyes: The only *******s is the state of the music industry it is now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    That's so silly!

ReputationRep:
    that videos the best!! (tho did like "its a kinda magic" too)...my al time fave song is Bohemium ....i know that some people could say thats typical, just coz it did the best...but, WHAT AN AMAZING SONG!!! i also luv the romantic ones ("take another piece of my heart" and "i was born to llloooooovvvve you..." awwww...sorry, got carried away!).
    yeah, rogers still got the sexy twinkle in his eyes! freedie was a legend its true, and at Live aid, woow, he was fab! they were fab...they rock wooooo!

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.