Queen Watch

This discussion is closed.
looby3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Catty)
Ooooo, a Queen thread! I'm liking these boards more and more.....

Don't Stop Me Now has to be my all time favourite (I have dance moves for it ), absolutely amazing.....

Got tickets from my parents a couple of years ago for We Will Rock You, and spent the whole time swooning over Tony Vincent, whpo HAS to be the best looking person EVER, no question...

oo, and you know the track that Brian May wrote for Freddie on CD 3 of the Platinum Collection, No-one But You? Makes me cry EVERY time....
oh my god!! - that song is one of my favourites!!! the lyrics are really poignant!!!
mmjp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No-One But You is suprisingly good considering that it was written after Freddie's death.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by looby3)
Hi, is anyone else a fan of Queens music - i am a massive fan!!!! :cool:
Hell yeah!!!
looby3
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
Hell yeah!!!
Cool - so what is your favourite thing about the band??
looby3
Rep:
?
(Original post by mmjp)
No-One But You is suprisingly good considering that it was written after Freddie's death.
I think the lyrics are amazing! - and the simplicity is great!
Catty
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yup. I love it, not as much as queen songs, but it's still amazing.
mmjp
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've got the platinum collection and tend to go through phases when I like Greatest Hits I the most, then II, and then, III, and so on.

I think overall the best songs from each album are Bohemian Rhapsody (although Don't Stop Me Now is excellent), Under Pressure (with Hammer To Fall a close second), and No-One But You.
Pigmy Goat
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
I love them all - how can you choose - the We Will Rock You musical has them all - it's well gd
pikaboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Catty)
oo, and you know the track that Brian May wrote for Freddie on CD 3 of the Platinum Collection, No-one But You? Makes me cry EVERY time....
That song's great
Untitled
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
its gotta be killer queen or maybe innuendo, the solos in them two are fantastic
PinkPigeon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think there is too much of a fuss over Queen really though they were quite inventive.
shortysally
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I loooove Queen my fave song is Don't Stop Me Now I think, it was Bohemian Rhapsody for ages though!

They're legends I think love 'em!
sherunsaway
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I can't stop listening to don't stop me now at the moment. Such a catchy tune.
Our school choir did bohemiam rhapsody which we performed several times which was great. we had a full band, piano and even had a gong for the end. it was much better than the G4 version anyway, although it is bloody high, even the basses had to go up to f above middle C, and it shows how much a range he had. The lowest bass notes were C 2 octaves below middle C and the highest note that he screams is 4 octaves above that.....and we had all girl sopranos struggling to hit those notes.
looby3
Rep:
?
cool!

Another question: Tell us your favourite lyrics and song line!!!
looby3
Rep:
?
come on people!! whats happened to alll the queen fans!!
is anyone going to see queen when they play live?? without immortal freddie of course!??
Catty
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
no. In my very humble opinion, it's as bad as peeing on his grave, reforming without 2 members. blasphemous. Just my opinion though...

"gimme gimmme gimme FRIED CHICKEN"
Amzybaby24
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the one thinng i love my paretns 4 , mkaing em lsiten 2 queen as a kid! I LVOE THEM!
pikaboo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Freddie would have wanted them to carry on. 'The Show Must Go On'...well that's how I saw it.
Mean Mr. Mustard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the fact they're sh*t(ter) without him makes no difference? hmmm?

by carrying on, they're basicially saying Freedy Mercury is an expendable member of the band...that they dont need him to be 'Queen'

pissing on his grave basicially...and cashing in on his name...

nothing more than a glorified tribute band...
pikaboo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They're making another generation more aware of Queen songs, that's a huge advantage.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1380)
79.49%
Leave (356)
20.51%

Watched Threads