Loughborough or Aston Watch

This discussion is closed.
simplyrob
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I can't decide between the two what to put as firm choice.

Both courses impressed me, i need a winner, please help me!!!

Aston 320 pts international bs and management
or
Aston 320 marketing

Loughborough 300 pts Computer science and management
sheffrocks
Report 13 years ago
I am at Sheffield but am from Loughborough, I can tell u it is quality, i've been to union nights there and they are awesome, the town is a little small but u will hardly have to go there any way, since it is a campus university, everything is right at hand.

If i wasnt fom loughborough i would have considered going there

It is qual-i-ty
Random.Girl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I know Aston is pretty highly regarded for business subjects and is on the up.
Thing is, how much do you really wanna do computer science? Cause you wouldn't be doing that if you went to Aston.
xxCharlottexx
Report 13 years ago
I've applied to Aston to do Business and Management this year. The course looks great and employers seem to look highly upon Aston from its reputation. I can't wait to go. I'm afraid I can't compare it to l'boro as i've never been there. All I can say is that Aston's Business School is in the top 5 in the country so it can't be bad.
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It depends on you really. Both universities are good for the courses you chose. Overall, Loughborough will be better reputation wise. Compare the course content and assessement methods to see which one you like best. If they are similar, think of the place, is it where you want to stay/live?
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I had L'boro as my insurance choice when I applied, it was such a lovely place and everyone was really friendly. Its got a fantastic reputation too, and its a nice safe town to live in. I don't know much about Aston, but if you're looking for a great campus uni, then Loughborough is definitely a good place to go .
caffecooki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
go 2 aston!! because i'm going there :p:
simplyrob
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
In the end i chose aston, mainly because marketing is what I really want to end up doing and the course at aston was very impressive, well presented, and the facilities and opportunities available at aston were unbelievable. The loughborough course is more focused on computing and that might not really be the smartest option for me to take.
thanks for everyones replies though
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1338)
79.69%
Leave (341)
20.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise