shy oruninterested? Watch

This discussion is closed.
magiccarpet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
ok i met this HOT guy at a party, we left early and ended up going outside and chatting all evening until late. when the evening finished at about 1am, he said he needed to go home and have dinner, and offered to walk me home. nothing happened.

about a month later, i met this same H:eek:T guy at another party and he really staring at me, so i went over and again we spent the whole evening chatting outside. this time he took my number and said we'd go out sometime.

3 days later he txt me saying 'wats up'. i though it was a crap hard-toget text and i didnt reply until the next day, saying something like 'nothing musch, what r u up to today? x' then he said exactly this 'nowt'. so i called him up as i thought the one word text replys were crappy, and we arranged to meet up the next day. however early the next moring he text me 'hey how r u, cant make tday something came up soorry' so i txt bak saying yea thats ok then he said 'ok i'll give you a call another time soon' but he didnt call or txt me since.this was a month agao.

the guy is quite shy and we are sort of frinds since, but i cant tell if that happened cos he wasnt interested in me, or if he is too shy to go out with me. i dont wana make the first move incase im wrong that he likes me. and he did say he'd acall,but it is unusual for someone to lose interest overnight.

shouls i call him? whats the deal?do u think he's shy or uninterested?
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
thanks three.the thing is, im shy too and i have never made moves on any guy befre, usually the guys do all the work. i just took his cancelling th date as a sign he was not nuterested and i ignored him a bit after that
sugarplumc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
omg magiccarpet I am in almost exactly the same situation as you. I really like this guy and he's soooooo shy. He knows I like him, and ever since he found out I did he's been spending loads more time with me....but he hasn't made any moves yet. I don't know whether he just wants to stay friends and doesn't want it to be awkward, or whether he does like me but is just too shy to make a move...(he said something to that effect to one of our mutual friends) but I'm so confused. He knows where I stand, but I have no idea whether he's just trying to let me down gently or whether his shyness (and the fact he's never had a girlfriend) is just scaring him too much.
Blue Bliss
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hm... how about call him and see if he's free to hang out when you're free in town? Like right at the moment. That works for me when it comes to girls.

I'm like "hey I'm in town, you busy?"

"a little, but I'll be free in about an hour"

"ok"

then we meet. Its easy.

Then I think you should just let him know you're interested by getting really close to him physically. Like, not "touching" or anything. But getting homely like walking shoulder to shoulder and not moving away.

Works on me ^^;
jd27
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If it were me, I would go for it. After all, what have you got to lose except a small amount of embarassment? (And if that's a problem I can't help you..) If it pays off, it's great, if it doesn't it's nowhere near the end of the world.
Don't worry about whether he likes you - it isn't the end of the world if he doesn't. If he is shy, and if he is worried about his lack of previous experience, he may just need a push to get him going. After all, when I were wee, the idea that someone else might be interested in me came as a complete shock and I didn't know how to deal with it.
basically, just go for it.
Sarah7
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah, just give him a call, etc to see if he wants to meet up or something. If he doesn't or gives some excuse, then what have you lost?

I think the real question here is why he was having dinner at 1am...
simon musgrove
Report 13 years ago
i think that he's shy, because i'm like that when i really like a girl, just talk to him and ask him questions, maybe ask him who he likes and if he goes quite or blushes etc, then you'll know your answer.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
hey thanks everyone. its just that time he said we could go out for a coffee, he cancelled the next day when we were supposed to meet, at the time i took it to mean he wasnt insterested and didnt wana go out with me.

but having spoken to him since, i think he might just be really shy.

the thing is, he is so so goddamn HOT he looks a bit like shah rukh khan, it is difficult to tell if he is interested and playing hard to get or shy.

and if he is interested but was busy on that day, why would he say 'ok we can meet up some other time soon i;; give u a call' then never txt or called me since?
md_red_uk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Cos he lost his phone, because he lost ur number, because, because..

A whole host of reasons, just ring him, ask him. If you're unsuccesful you don't have to worry as you hardly ever see him, but if you are succesful, well then, wink wink, nudge, nudge, ey ey and so on with other innuendoes!
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
no i know he hasnt lost his fone or my number. he just said he'd call but never did. and he canecelled the date.

i mean, guys out there, if you met a girl at a party, got her number and arranged a date 3 days later, why would you cancel it the next day, and say ok another time soon, then never call?

i really dono how this can happen

sorry to make a big deal out of this but i have never made moves on a guy before and have never asked out anyone.
i really hope all the fit but shy guys out there read this thread!
Blue Bliss
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by magiccarpet)
no i know he hasnt lost his fone or my number. he just said he'd call but never did. and he canecelled the date.

i mean, guys out there, if you met a girl at a party, got her number and arranged a date 3 days later, why would you cancel it the next day, and say ok another time soon, then never call?

i really dono how this can happen

sorry to make a big deal out of this but i have never made moves on a guy before and have never asked out anyone.
i really hope all the fit but shy guys out there read this thread!
A lot of stuff comes up. We all have lives to lead. There can be plenty of reasons why he can't call. Dating probably isn't the first thing on his mind.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
he's had over a month since!
and if dating isnt on his mind, why did he arrange the 1st date, and say we could meet up another time?
i dont wanna randomly ask him out if he is going to say no
jessicarabbit
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ok i met this HOT guy at a party, we left early and ended up going outside and chatting all evening until late. when the evening finished at about 1am, he said he needed to go home and have dinner, and offered to walk me home. nothing happened.

about a month later, i met this same H:eek:T guy at another party and he really staring at me, so i went over and again we spent the whole evening chatting outside. this time he took my number and said we'd go out sometime.

3 days later he txt me saying 'wats up'. i though it was a crap hard-toget text and i didnt reply until the next day, saying something like 'nothing musch, what r u up to today? x' then he said exactly this 'nowt'. so i called him up as i thought the one word text replys were crappy, and we arranged to meet up the next day. however early the next moring he text me 'hey how r u, cant make tday something came up soorry' so i txt bak saying yea thats ok then he said 'ok i'll give you a call another time soon' but he didnt call or txt me since.this was a month agao.

the guy is quite shy and we are sort of frinds since, but i cant tell if that happened cos he wasnt interested in me, or if he is too shy to go out with me. i dont wana make the first move incase im wrong that he likes me. and he did say he'd acall,but it is unusual for someone to lose interest overnight.

shouls i call him? whats the deal?do u think he's shy or uninterested?
he's uninterested.

god people, read the book "He's just not the into you" and save urself alot of trouble... :rolleyes:

anyways, what is up with girls always having to decode a guys signals and texts?...HELLOOOO , if a guy really likes u, he tells u.

anyways, around 50% of the people on earth are male. go find one worth ur time!
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
(Original post by jessicarabbit)
he's uninterested.

god people, read the book "He's just not the into you" and save urself alot of trouble... :rolleyes:

anyways, what is up with girls always having to decode a guys signals and texts?...HELLOOOO , if a guy really likes u, he tells u.

anyways, around 50% of the people on earth are male. go find one worth ur time!
well if he wasnt interested then why'd he bother texting me to go out in the first place? you dont change your mind overnight about someone.

and shy people ususally dont tell people if they like them

actually the aggressive overconfident ones might tell you if they like you but they tend to be the b:eek:stard types
kingslaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jessicarabbit)
he's uninterested.

And sometimes they just tell you to get into your undies
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
yes you see? its so hard to tell. i wish all guys can be honest, its all so confusin.

and i cant understand how a guy so hot can posibly be shy.but when he talks it is usually one word answers.
jessicarabbit
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well if he wasnt interested then why'd he bother texting me to go out in the first place? you dont change your mind overnight about someone.

and shy people ususally dont tell people if they like them

actually the aggressive overconfident ones might tell you if they like you but they tend to be the b:eek:stard types
hunny, he just wasn't THAT interested. its been a month...

that says a lot.what else do u need??? for him to call u and be like "hey im not interested"
jessicarabbit
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yes you see? its so hard to tell. i wish all guys can be honest, its all so confusin.

and i cant understand how a guy so hot can posibly be shy.but when he talks it is usually one word answers.
probably cause he's too dumb to come up with any more words...

trust me, if dated many a mimbo
jessicarabbit
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kingslaw)
And sometimes they just tell you to get into your undies

in that situation, one just needs to ask themselves...

what would Brian Boitano do? :rolleyes:

(he'd prolly let a guy into his undies :eek: :rolleyes: )
HereFishyFishy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
To be honest, I think if he was interested he would have made more of an effort. Move on to the next hottie.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (68)
19.43%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (144)
41.14%
Nope, not that interesting (138)
39.43%

Watched Threads