Online Model UN? - Proposal

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Dexnell
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I don't know if this should be here, but does anyone wanna start up an online Model UN or something like it. I have the resources to buy a domain and get hosting, I current own a couple website I can use one of them and start a forum or something. If anyone is interested in this idea, please PM me or reply in this thread, I think it'll be a good idea, it'll be something like www.unol.org - Or maybe we can look at having on right here. I don't know just a suggestion.

Thanks,
Dexnell.
Beekeeper
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dexnell)
I don't know if this should be here, but does anyone wanna start up an online Model UN or something like it. I have the resources to buy a domain and get hosting, I current own a couple website I can use one of them and start a forum or something. If anyone is interested in this idea, please PM me or reply in this thread, I think it'll be a good idea, it'll be something like www.unol.org - Or maybe we can look at having on right here. I don't know just a suggestion.

Thanks,
Dexnell.
Excellent idea.
Madelyn
Rep:
Report 16 years ago
yeah, could be interesting.
Johnny 5
Badges: 12
Report 16 years ago
I'd always prefer a model Parliament, myself (hell, we've already had the elections), but good still.
Dexnell
Rep:
I thought it was a good idea, so how do we go about this. Do you want it to be a TSR model UN? cause we may need an entire website. but first you need great support. I'm just throwing around ideas here.
Tyler Durden
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 16 years ago
Sounds like a very good idea.
Dexnell
Rep:
Seems like we're getting the support already.
Beekeeper
Rep:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
I'd always prefer a model Parliament, myself (hell, we've already had the elections), but good still.
Well, that would be excellent, especially given the success of the tsr election.
We couldn't have 650 odd members though :p:
It would probably have to be cabinet/shadow cabinet etc.
Bismarck
Rep:
Report 16 years ago
Good idea. I think having it here would create much more participation than if you had a separate website.
Johnny 5
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by beekeeper_)
Well, that would be excellent, especially given the success of the tsr election.
We couldn't have 650 odd members though :p:
It would probably have to be cabinet/shadow cabinet etc.
Or, just smaller. :p:
Apollo
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 16 years ago
Good idea!
Dexnell
Rep:
I thought there was already a model parliment, cause I'm minister of the Secondary Schools forums. Well, this model parliment could be more along the lines of the elctions on real issues. I still would like the model Un also, it's a growing thing, getting very popular and there's only one online and it's pretty low standard.
Dexnell
Rep:
(Original post by Bismarck)
Good idea. I think having it here would create much more participation than if you had a separate website.
We should have it here, but we'd need a separate articles page or a small website somewhere else for other informations and files that can't be placed here, we'll hold all the important stuff here though.
Beekeeper
Rep:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
Or, just smaller. :p:
yup, it wouldn't be as simple as the election was though. The membership of the parties would have to be in relation to the votes cast...
Johnny 5
Report 16 years ago
I thought there was already a model parliment, cause I'm minister of the Secondary Schools forums.
Yes, I meant one that was taken seriously. :p:
Beekeeper
Rep:
Report 16 years ago
A model UN sounds like a great idea. I would probably show more interest in a model Parliament though... Issues a bit closer to home.
Bismarck
Rep:
Report 16 years ago
We should have it here, but we'd need a separate articles page or a small website somewhere else for other informations and files that can't be placed here, we'll hold all the important stuff here though.
We could have a sub-forum that would be dedicated solely to that kind of information. I guess having a separate website wouldn't make much of a difference though.

Who'd come up with the topics and assign countries?

(Original post by beekeeper_)
yup, it wouldn't be as simple as the election was though. The membership of the parties would have to be in relation to the votes cast...
I don't imagine people from the losing parties would want to play a secondary role.
Dexnell
Rep:
Well, interesting points being made here. Why can't we have both the model parliment and Un. We'll start with the model parliment cause as you said it's closer to home and we can gradually set up a TSR model UN. Let's get this to the mods and admins, people. I'm a member of the winning party, Woo Hoo!

Thanks,
Dexnell
at least lara
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 16 years ago
sounds great. count me in once u have the model un one started up
Monii
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 16 years ago
sounds awesome i'd love to join
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads