You can't be Scottish...it's not allowed! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
It is quite easy to describe something as anti-semetic. All it is, is words. But the insult and often hurt caused by such a comment would be longer lasting. I think you should think about such comments before saying them. It would more than likely be a stupid mistake.
In what way? If someone said that they were sorry, but that Judaism wasn't an option, I'd be rightfully upset. I doubt I would call them 'anti - semitic' - that would be going too far - but I would insist that they write it down. Besides, in a country which has freedom of religion, shouldn't other religions besides Protestantism be catered for?
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
In what way? If someone said that they were sorry, but that Judaism wasn't an option, I'd be rightfully upset. I doubt I would call them 'anti - semitic' - that would be going too far - but I would insist that they write it down. Besides, in a country which has freedom of religion, shouldn't other religions besides Protestantism be catered for?
Fair enough, as long as you wouldn't regard it as anti-semetic.
yawn1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
It's only a paper exercise for heavens sake. You are not the only faith to be denied a tick in the box.
As I said, when push comes to shove, you will get your Rabbi as others will get their Mullahs, vicars, priests or whatever.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (170)
26.94%
No (461)
73.06%

Watched Threads