Turn on thread page Beta

You can't be Scottish...it's not allowed! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    It is quite easy to describe something as anti-semetic. All it is, is words. But the insult and often hurt caused by such a comment would be longer lasting. I think you should think about such comments before saying them. It would more than likely be a stupid mistake.
    In what way? If someone said that they were sorry, but that Judaism wasn't an option, I'd be rightfully upset. I doubt I would call them 'anti - semitic' - that would be going too far - but I would insist that they write it down. Besides, in a country which has freedom of religion, shouldn't other religions besides Protestantism be catered for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    In what way? If someone said that they were sorry, but that Judaism wasn't an option, I'd be rightfully upset. I doubt I would call them 'anti - semitic' - that would be going too far - but I would insist that they write it down. Besides, in a country which has freedom of religion, shouldn't other religions besides Protestantism be catered for?
    Fair enough, as long as you wouldn't regard it as anti-semetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    It's only a paper exercise for heavens sake. You are not the only faith to be denied a tick in the box.
    As I said, when push comes to shove, you will get your Rabbi as others will get their Mullahs, vicars, priests or whatever.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.