Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by armatillian)
    lol - wot a wonderful argument - u h8 gays so u must be gay.

so i spose in h8in racists peadaphiles n rapists that also makes me by ure arguments a racist who wants 2 have sex wiith children and rape anythin out there.

i wonder wot we all r if we r wot we h8 then
    I hate brussel sprouts, does that make me one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    well we didnt want to say anything.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    what complete rubbish..
    I suppose its a bit far fetched, but the results of the study show it ...

ReputationRep:
    Who do they study even?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    If you actually read the study you might be able to make more meaningful posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *dave*)
    If you actually read the study you might be able to make more meaningful posts.
    I see your legs aren't quite long enough to straddle your high horse yet. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    By some of your arguments, you seem to think that when someone fits into a catagory like homosexuality or paedophilia, they will attempt to practice what they feel 24 7, which is quite obviously wrong.

Have you ever thought that, in the same way that some homosexuals are celibate, some peadophiles may actively try not to practice.

Of course, your next arguement will probably be that I cannot compare celibate homosexuals to paedophiles.that may seem well enough, although in most religions, homosexuality is branded wrong, so should you defend it.

btw, not being anti-islam or anything, but did you know that mohammed married a 6 year old girl and consumated their marriage when she was 9.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    btw, not being anti-islam or anything, but did you know that mohammed married a 6 year old girl and consumated their marriage when she was 9.
    Sorry, but ewwwwww! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)

I think we all know that. It's difficult to participate in any thread that doesn't eventually come back to the topic of Mohammed's penchant for "young stuff" however remote that possibility may seem when you initially join a thread entitled "what's your favorite holiday destination and why?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    I think we all know that. It's difficult to participate in any thread that doesn't eventually come back to the topic of Mohammed's penchant for "young stuff" however remote that possibility may seem when you initially join a thread entitled "what's your favorite holiday destination and why?"
    LOL

It just goes to show that attitudes change over time, and things seen as 'distusting' in one time, are seen as totally acceptable in another!

ReputationRep:
    It's a quite common phenomenon: not just with homosexuality, but with anything. The theory is that if someone would like to do something, but represses the desire they will hate anything that reminds them of it, because of the challenge to their own self-image. A related thing is projection: repressed homosexuals will think that everyone they dislike is homosexual; very selfish people think that every one else is selfish without recognising their own selfishness etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *dave*)
    LOL

It just goes to show that attitudes change over time, and things seen as 'distusting' in one time, are seen as totally acceptable in another!
    Good point. We spend far too much time trying to apply today's morals and standards on the people of yesteryear.

ReputationRep:
    Good point. We spend far too much time trying to apply today's morals and standards on the people of yesteryear.
    I agree.

*collapses*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    I agree.

*collapses*
    Nnooooooooooo........tell me it's not true!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    We spend far too much time trying to apply today's morals and standards on the people of yesteryear.
    Rather more people with opinions and prejudices left over from yesteryear try to apply their so-called morality and standards to people of today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    Rather more people with opinions and prejudices left over from yesteryear try to apply their so-called morality and standards to people of today.
    That happens too.

ReputationRep:
    The difference is we can't do much to the dead; present-day bigots can mess things up for everyone else- and do their best to do so.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2004
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.