The Student Room Group

Which British county has the most regional identity and pride?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
miranda7719
i really don't know a single person in manchester who would claim they were from lancashire tbh, shame this "proof" you have can't be viewed online

Those living in Bury, Bolton, Wigan, Salford, don't have a lancastrian attachment.

I am not degrading Manchester even Liverpool for that matter.
I am just highlighting that many people feel an attachment to Lancashire.

If you don't feel that, then you don't. The world does not revolve around you.
SOAPIE
Those living in Bury, Bolton, Wigan, Salford, don't have a lancastrian attachment.

I am not degrading Manchester even Liverpool for that matter.
I am just highlighting that many people feel an attachment to Lancashire.

If you don't feel that, then you don't. The world does not revolve around you.

i think if you read my post properly you would see that i'm not claiming that just because i don't feel an attachment to lancashire no one in manchester does. hardly claiming the world revolves around me
Reply 162
miranda7719
i think if you read my post properly you would see that i'm not claiming that just because i don't feel an attachment to lancashire no one in manchester does. hardly claiming the world revolves around me

That is a massive generalisation there. No one in Manchester does. How do you know? Do you go around and start interviewing people?

I appreciate that there are people who don't feel that attachment, then there are people who do feel an attachment.
SOAPIE
That is a massive generalisation there. No one in Manchester does. How do you know? Do you go around and start interviewing people?

I appreciate that there are people who don't feel that attachment, then there are people who do feel an attachment.

yet again you failed to read my post properly. i said i am NOT saying exactly that. please learn to read properly
bohemian_like_you
I'm from just south of Bath, so not really deepest darkest Somerset but it's still pretty cool :p: I can freak out all the "posh" people at college by really playing up the Somerset "burrrr" :p:

Haha, yeah I'm from North Somerset so I'm pretty similar to you, I guess. Most people can put on the accent though, so I'm not as special as you! Haha.
Reply 165
Devon!

We have Coldplay (I think) and Tristan Evans (from The Vamps) and Woody (from Bastille)
Middlesex
Original post by Henry JW

Damn. This is a 7 year old thread that has just been revived
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 168
Bristol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending