nursing/sports science advice needed Watch

This discussion is closed.
alio~
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
hiya im currently at uni doing sport science and have no income so looking for a part time job etc so im thinking of applying to do bank nursing at the weekend or something.

The thing is i dont know what i want to do i was thinking of going into nursing full time since you actually get paid for learning and working as a nursing student. Does anyone know how easy it is to get onto a nursing course and how much do you get paid etc?

Either that or just get a weekend job as a nursing assistant and carry on with my degree which i have no idea what im gonna do with when i finish it.

I dunno what to do but id like do do something like physio/health fitness at the end of it all. Which route do you thinks best out of doing nursing full time or a sports science degree? I know it sounds shallow but which would result in higher pay? I just dont know what to do but at the moment im paying for the degree and gonna be in debt and i dont even know if it will be any use :confused:

any advice?
Random.Girl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If you wanna do physio then a physio degree maybe? I know it's pretty competitive but you finish your sports science degree, while getting physio experience and then apply to do physio after you've finished?
alio~
Rep:
?
(Original post by -Emmz-)
If you wanna do physio then a physio degree maybe? I know it's pretty competitive but you finish your sports science degree, while getting physio experience and then apply to do physio after you've finished?
i thought about that but it would be another 3 years of not earning
Random.Girl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by alio~)
Do you not get a grant/bursary if you do physio though? I thought most healthcare related degrees (except pharmacy :mad: ) did?
alio~
Rep:
?
(Original post by -Emmz-)
Do you not get a grant/bursary if you do physio though? I thought most healthcare related degrees (except pharmacy :mad: ) did?
Im not sure maybe, you'd think pharmacy would be treated equally though :confused:
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Don't do nursing for the money. Its long hours, relatively low paid for what you do and its a very difficult job. Bank nursing is probably a good idea if you want to get some experience of what nursing entails. I don't know anything about sports science but if you're enjoying the course and you're doing well in it, maybe you should consider finishing your degree and then doing something else.
JackieS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by alio~)
you could do an accelerated degree for physio - his is 2 years at MSc level - I did sports therapy as my BSc and am now going to do Physio for another 3 years......I know its a pain but its worth it if you really want to do it............if you don't have any experience then you'll need to take a year out to get some experience once our sports science degree is over............so you could use that to mke some money

plus you are entitled to an NHS bursary and a second student loan (reduced rate) if money is an issue
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1628)
78.99%
Leave (433)
21.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise