This discussion is closed.
Muffle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Im at the point where I need to decide what to do and im pretty much certain on:

English Literature
Physics
History

I have a real intrest in politics and all the open-day information seems prommising but since im already thinking about English and History I wondered if a techincal subject like Electronics would go well with Physics?

Anyone whos doing or has done electronics could comment on it?

Thanks.
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Muffle)
Im at the point where I need to decide what to do and im pretty much certain on:

English Literature
Physics
History

I have a real intrest in politics and all the open-day information seems prommising but since im already thinking about English and History I wondered if a techincal subject like Electronics would go well with Physics?

Thanks.
I've heard electronics is bloody hard work.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
electronics has a lot to do with physics, that's all I know because they have a lot in common.

but if you're thinking of a scientific career at all you need maths...

you're obviously not going to be a scientist when you're older so if you're really interested in politics then do it, you only need 1 science subject to keep "breadth" as our teachers keep saying when we think about A level choices
brasil85
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I am doing Politicis and its is great fun from my view. History good as well
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by brasil85)
I am doing Politicis and its is great fun from my view. History good as well
Yeah I think you should go with Politcs.. its interesting and will go well with History and English Lit.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Muffle)

Thanks.
I've done AS electronics and am currently doing the A2. It s true that it is a very difficult subject (I find it more difficult than maths) and that it does require a great deal of hard work but if you have an interest in the subject then it is really interesting at the same time. I would say that if you would like a very respected subject behind you then electronics would definitely be a strong option. The coursework is great if you like to work independently and the lab work is great at helping understand the theory which can be a little heavy and complex at times.
Muffle
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Im thinking about journalism when older in which case I guess poltics would be most useful, I also love working with computers and would be intrested in doing something related at a higher level though I dont perticularly enjoy maths.

Thanks for the responses, very useful
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (221)
51.28%
No (210)
48.72%

Watched Threads