Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im at the point where I need to decide what to do and im pretty much certain on:

English Literature
    Physics
    History

I have a real intrest in politics and all the open-day information seems prommising but since im already thinking about English and History I wondered if a techincal subject like Electronics would go well with Physics?

Anyone whos doing or has done electronics could comment on it?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffle)
    Im at the point where I need to decide what to do and im pretty much certain on:

English Literature
    Physics
    History

I have a real intrest in politics and all the open-day information seems prommising but since im already thinking about English and History I wondered if a techincal subject like Electronics would go well with Physics?

Thanks.
    I've heard electronics is bloody hard work.

ReputationRep:
    electronics has a lot to do with physics, that's all I know because they have a lot in common.

but if you're thinking of a scientific career at all you need maths...

you're obviously not going to be a scientist when you're older so if you're really interested in politics then do it, you only need 1 science subject to keep "breadth" as our teachers keep saying when we think about A level choices

ReputationRep:
    I am doing Politicis and its is great fun from my view. History good as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brasil85)
    I am doing Politicis and its is great fun from my view. History good as well
    Yeah I think you should go with Politcs.. its interesting and will go well with History and English Lit.

(Original post by Muffle)

Thanks.
    I've done AS electronics and am currently doing the A2. It s true that it is a very difficult subject (I find it more difficult than maths) and that it does require a great deal of hard work but if you have an interest in the subject then it is really interesting at the same time. I would say that if you would like a very respected subject behind you then electronics would definitely be a strong option. The coursework is great if you like to work independently and the lab work is great at helping understand the theory which can be a little heavy and complex at times.

ReputationRep:
    Im thinking about journalism when older in which case I guess poltics would be most useful, I also love working with computers and would be intrested in doing something related at a higher level though I dont perticularly enjoy maths.

Thanks for the responses, very useful

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.