Report 13 years ago
Don't feed the trolls
Vijay1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by spangly_peach)
Excuse me? How dare you take the piss, what the hell are you trying to infer with comments like that? I suggest YOU go and get a life you stupid immature idiot.
Now heres what the problem is guys:

1. spangly_peach's bum smells,

2. Yet spangly_peach cannot be bothered/arsed (or embarassed) to go to the doctor.

I think I should point out, that the bum should be exterminated. :eek:
silence
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
there's no need to make her the butt of the joke.
bred
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just go to a doctor! I had a problem where I had a slight tear around my anus and it was causing some bleeding when I went to the toilet. I decided to face my GP and he was of course very professional and after a brief inspection I was given a prescription for some hemorrhoid capsules and some stool softening medication and the problem was resolved within the subsequent weeks.
lil_crazyflakes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Someone in my old primary school had the exact same problem. Wish i knew what happened to him now, as i might have been able to help. But like lesstanthree and the others said;go to the doctors. A few minutes of embarassment and you will never have to see that doctor again and your problem could be cured. I hate going to the doctors at the best of times, but really it has to be worth a shot good luck x
keano
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ye go to the doctors..but this poo smelling thread is a bit like..too..erm open..can we get rid of it somehow..its a bit sickly..me thinks.. :mad:
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by keano)
ye go to the doctors..but this poo smelling thread is a bit like..too..erm open..can we get rid of it somehow..its a bit sickly..me thinks.. :mad:
You don't have to read it :rolleyes:
keano
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well...as im like looing through the topics..its THERE.."why does bumregions smell?"...
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by keano)
I can see why you're a little bummed about it, but if you can't be arsed to read it the obvious solution is not to. :rolleyes: It's a bit of a cheek to tell her she can't post though.
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by englishstudent)
I can see why you're a little bummed about it, but if you can't be arsed to read it the obvious solution is not to. :rolleyes: It's a bit of a cheek to tell her she can't post though.
Get your coat. :p:
Tyler Durden
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)
Get your coat. :p:
I'm already in the taxi home.
keano
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's a bit of a cheek to tell her she can't post though.
I never said that
Tyler Durden
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by keano)
I never said that
Well the bottom line is if you don't wanna read it then don't.

Oh god I shoulda quit when I was ahead. o_O
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well the bottom line is if you don't wanna read it then don't.

Oh god I shoulda quit when I was ahead. o_O

you never were
Jamie
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bred)
Just go to a doctor! I had a problem where I had a slight tear around my anus and it was causing some bleeding when I went to the toilet. I decided to face my GP and he was of course very professional and after a brief inspection I was given a prescription for some hemorrhoid capsules and some stool softening medication and the problem was resolved within the subsequent weeks.
ok anal tear/anal fissure is totally different and is reinforcing vicous cycle (hurts to poo so u delay pooing, means poo is harder and more solid, means it chafes more on exit, means it worsens tear/fissure)

The anal sphincters are incredibly sensitive, a real piece of engineering. THey can differentiate solid, liquid and gas, and can usually prevent gas escaping. Think about it, if they didn't then every time u put pressure on your intestines u'd fart, and then suck gas back into yourself.

No I've never heard of this, but using the medical knowledge I have, I'd guess one or some of the following.

1) your anal phincter is not fully competent, meaning you don't soil yourself, but that gas escapes constantly. (giving the constant smell). Now it must be noted that EVERYONE produces large volumes of gas, mainly cos of bacteria in your intestinal tract, but most absorb it gently in their intestines.

2) You aren't absorbing enough of this gas. perhaps due to problems with your colon/small intestine. Do you ever have problems with diarrheoa? Ever get pain/bloatedness?

3) VERY UNLIKELY - perhaps you have some abnormal flora growing there. In which case a faecal stool smaple could be tested by your doc to check, and a course of antibiotics would fix this (after which you'd be colonised by 'normal' intestinal bacteria.

In any case go to your GP, explain the problem, explain the distress it is causing you, and you'll be referred to a gastroenterologist. They MAY want to stick an endoscope up your bum to check there is nothing grossly wrong, but remember
-We've seen it all before
-A consultation lasts 15 mins max. Would it be more embarrasing than having people think you've **** urself constantly?
-Think how life would be without this issue!!!

HTH
Jamie
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Thanks. :eek:
Anytime
Jamie
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by keano)
well...as im like looing through the topics..its THERE.."why does bumregions smell?"...
WE have a saying in the medic world. If you don't put your finger in it you'll put your foot in it.

It reminds us that an anal exam may be embarrasing, and may be uncomfortable (in the embarrasment sense) but it is really essential.

Do you realise how many people suffer unduly from stomach ulcers, intestinal problems, and even colon cancer simply because they are too embarrased to talk about it?

I applaud this girl for coming forward. Takes a lot of guts [pun intended]

If anyone ever wants to talk about embarrasing issues like this with someone, but doesn't feel ready to go to NHS Direct, their GP etc then feel free to PM me.
Herleif
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
are you remembering to wipe it?
kateington
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by metta)
are you remembering to wipe it?
Read the rest of the thread.
Alcohol5%
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I find it odd how people always consult TSR users before going to see a GP, about a medical problem.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (66)
20.06%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (132)
40.12%
Nope, not that interesting (131)
39.82%

Watched Threads