Turn on thread page Beta

What watch shall i get ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Its my bro's 18th very soon, i want to buy him a nice watch, im willing to spend upto 500 pounds, maybe a bit more if it is actually worth it, any ideas?

oh yeah nothing cheesy, for example i hate jacobs watches (even tho they cost more than 500)

thanks

(Original post by LondonBoy)
    Its my bro's 18th very soon, i want to buy him a nice watch, im willing to spend upto 500 pounds, maybe a bit more if it is actually worth it, any ideas?

oh yeah nothing cheesy, for example i hate jacobs watches (even tho they cost more than 500)

thanks
    £500 for a watch?! mine was about £10 and has lasted 4-5 years! (and its lookin a bit battered now)

ReputationRep:
    tag-heuer will last forever

ReputationRep:
    well i'd go with a good ol' cartier...but they start at like 900....go to a decent jeweller and they'll fix you up

ReputationRep:
    he'll just lose it. At 18 im sure hed prefer 500 quids worth of drink

ReputationRep:
    Get him a computer or something for that money!

ReputationRep:
    get him a rolex

ReputationRep:
    What about Swiss Army watches? You could get a very good one for under 200 pounds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonBoy)

thanks
    You might be able to get a Gucci watch for that price. As I understand it their movements are made in the same factory as those in Ebel watches so they're pretty good quality- you're not only paying for the name. Obviously that's not true of all designer watches. You're best off going to a really good jewellers and asking them which are the best quality regardless of the name on them and then picking one you think your brother will like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash86)
    get him a rolex
    You'll have to add another zero for that.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Errrrm I was going to say a Breitling. I would love one of them. Tad expensive though!

http://www.breitling.com/en/index1024.php
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by puppy)
    You might be able to get a Gucci watch for that price. As I understand it their movements are made in the same factory as those in Ebel watches so they're pretty good quality- you're not only paying for the name. Obviously that's not true of all designer watches. You're best off going to a really good jewellers and asking them which are the best quality regardless of the name on them and then picking one you think your brother will like.
    Yeah, I have gucci watch and they're great!

ReputationRep:
    Watches don't seem to agree with me - every watch i've ever owned has fallen to pieces on my arm. I've never bothered spending more than £25 on one for this reason.
    What about a fountain pen? You can get beautiful, well balanced ones for a few hundred quid. I got a Caran d'Ache for my 18th, it's as though nymphs are guiding every pen stroke. I wish.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    get a breitling, set you back a few thousand quid but won't fall to pieces

ReputationRep:
    a jacob&co watch is more than 500 u know?! lol

ReputationRep:
    met a mother ****ing tag heuer

ReputationRep:
    I've got a Breitling watch and it's fantastic, but whenever I wear it I always feel nervous that I'm either going to be mugged or I'm going to lose it . I much rather prefer to wear my other watch.

Michael :rolleyes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    get a breitling, set you back a few thousand quid but won't fall to pieces
    The world's greatest watch is the Breitling Aerospace. With the professional bracelet and none of the gold bits. It's classy, it keeps excellent time, it looks fantastic, it's not too ostentatious, and I'm sure chicks love it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i like the new sekonda range
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Wzz)
    The world's greatest watch is the Breitling Aerospace. With the professional bracelet and none of the gold bits. It's classy, it keeps excellent time, it looks fantastic, it's not too ostentatious, and I'm sure chicks love it :rolleyes:
    see, can't go wrong with a Breitling. Great minds think alike :p:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.