The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Eta
Ah right well that's good - well done :smile:

Yer I don't even want to think about my minimum :P, since i need As in Bio and Chem :P. What subjects did you do ? and what's your offer?

I did:

English Literature/Language Combined
Film Studies
Philosophy

My offer is B/B/B although might be accepted with less.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 61
Yaaaay, so glad to be finished :biggrin:

I HOPE I've done enough. I did most of my A-levels last year, I just did a re-sit, and only needed a C in the paper. So, I MAY be ok lol. We can only hope lol

I'm gonna try and forget about it until atleast the beggining of August lol

Any plans for the summer people?

xxx
Yeah I'm finished too!!! I think maths went really well, but ironically thats the one I need a B in :rolleyes: I know I've lost marks for stupid mistakes in Bio and Chem, but I'm not gonna worry about it anymore as theres nothing I can do and I think I deserve a break from all thing a-level-related lol!

I will be gutted if I don't make it, especially after speakin to you all on this thread, but if that happens I'll just deal with it on August 20th.

hmmm...plans for summer.....just chillaxing, hanging with the gang, reading for pleasure lol, music, etc.....my 18th is coming up so I need to think of something fun to do for that lol!!! Any ideas????
Reply 63
Hello there. Just thought I'd add myself to this vibrant mix of new Rutlanders. I'm confirmed for Rutland en suite with English Studies; grades permitting, of course. I suppose my skill will have to be reading you the books on medics, politics etc... Or perhaps I'll just stick to the cake idea...
srwences
Hello there. Just thought I'd add myself to this vibrant mix of new Rutlanders. I'm confirmed for Rutland en suite with English Studies; grades permitting, of course. I suppose my skill will have to be reading you the books on medics, politics etc... Or perhaps I'll just stick to the cake idea...

Sounds like a plan.

Is your screen name a refernce to Senor Wences!?
Reply 65
end account
Sounds like a plan.

Is your screen name a refernce to Senor Wences!?

Yes, yes it is! You're the first person ever to have deciphered that one! Were you a fan?
srwences

:hi: Guten Tag Rutlander number 6!!! Or is it 7? Or 5? Lol i've lost count!!

Ah, we needed another language dude, you can keep end_account company :smile: English is such a cool and evolving language...i love adding the suffix -osity onto the end of every word its soooo much fun. With any other language it wouldn't work :woo:

Hmmmm....i think I can read myself lol, so yep you just bring plenty of cake or other sugar-loaded treats.

Since you have an ensuite cunning_stunt will be after you :p: YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
Reply 67
damn wish I was coming 2009 and not 2010!!!! Damn you guys!!! I'd dress up for freshers weekdawg! :smile:
srwences
Yes, yes it is! You're the first person ever to have deciphered that one! Were you a fan?

Only recently sadly, post-death. So been trying to dig up as much stuff as I can on him.

But alass it never beats "Good Boy?" "Yesh."
srwences

Cake and a shower? Welcome to Rutland my new best friend!!

buck-your-waas

Since you have an ensuite cunning_stunt will be after you :p: YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

:sadnod: :sadnod: :sadnod:
For future reference you can abbreviate my name to CS87 (in a vain hope of sounding cool!) :cool:
jimbles
damn wish I was coming 2009 and not 2010!!!! Damn you guys!!! I'd dress up for freshers weekdawg! :smile:

Hahahahaha I see we've got a little fan club growing!! Now everyones dying to be a 2009 Rutlander and part of the super hero team :bhangra:

cunning_stunt87
For future reference you can abbreviate my name to CS87 (in a vain hope of sounding cool!)

NO :mfing:

LMAO I think your usernames pretty cool (btw, is it a typo of something a bit ruder?? Know what I'm sayin??!!!) Its better than my username which only asian people understand :p:
buck-your-waas

LMAO I think your usernames pretty cool (btw, is it a typo of something a bit ruder?? Know what I'm sayin??!!!) Its better than my username which only asian people understand :p:

Yeah, its an anagram of stunning **** but i'll leave you to figure the last bit out through logical deduction. So whats your username about then?
cunningstunt87
Yeah, its an anagram of stunning **** but i'll leave you to figure the last bit out through logical deduction. So whats your username about then?

Well in Urdu, the word "buqwaas" means rubbish/s**t and "buck" is kinda a slang word for talk, so whenever someone is chatting bull I say "Don't buck your waas at me!!!" :woo: I use it for most usernames....most people are like "buck your WHAT?!?!?!?" lol
buck-your-waas
Well in Urdu, the word "buqwaas" means rubbish/s**t and "buck" is kinda a slang word for talk, so whenever someone is chatting bull I say "Don't buck your waas at me!!!" :woo: I use it for most usernames....most people are like "buck your WHAT?!?!?!?" lol

Ah right. I have no grasp of any language other than the basics of English. Was gonna try and improve my french over the summer but I need to work and go gym!!
cunningstunt87
Ah right. I have no grasp of any language other than the basics of English. Was gonna try and improve my french over the summer but I need to work and go gym!!

Lol I'm not fluent in Urdu, but i can understand it pretty well from eavesdropping on private family convos and songs and movies.

I went back to gym today for the first time in 3 weeks. Felt so weird!! I forgot what speed I usually set the treadmill too so I went too fast and things almost got a bit messy lol!!!! We are lucky that rutland is right next to the sports centre, there must be a gym in there right?? Do you know anything about the prices and times its open or anything??
Reply 75
srwences

Ahhh, new guy :smile: hey.

Yep, cake, definately the way to make friends :smile:
That or Jaegermeister lol

And the others can speak for themselves, I for one would be delighted to let you do my reading, summarise it, over-analyse it if you wish :P
I give you fair warning though, reading about the EU breaks world records for most boring activity in the world:frown:

You guys had reading lists yet btw?

xxx
buck-your-waas
Lol I'm not fluent in Urdu, but i can understand it pretty well from eavesdropping on private family convos and songs and movies.

I went back to gym today for the first time in 3 weeks. Felt so weird!! I forgot what speed I usually set the treadmill too so I went too fast and things almost got a bit messy lol!!!! We are lucky that rutland is right next to the sports centre, there must be a gym in there right?? Do you know anything about the prices and times its open or anything??

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/sport/studentmembership.php

Its all there for ya (thanks to Alex-hs in another thread!)
Wiseneira

Yep, cake, definitely the way to make friends :smile:

And the others can speak for themselves, I for one would be delighted to let you do my reading, summarise it, over-analyse it if you wish :P
I give you fair warning though, reading about the EU breaks world records for most boring activity in the world:frown:

xxx

I got my recommended summer reading which is huge!!!

Edit: Forgot we're both doing politics. Apologies.
Wiseneira

Yep, cake, definitely the way to make friends :smile:

xxx

Many, many books on China's current economic state. Oh and practise my Chinese for when I arrive ^^.
Reply 79
buck-your-waas
Hahahahaha I see we've got a little fan club growing!! Now everyones dying to be a 2009 Rutlander and part of the super hero team :bhangra:

It's more of a fact that I'd wear my fancy dress superhero costume during freshers if anything!!! :woo: