Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok, i want to buy something on eBay, but it is paypal only. i looked on the paypal site, and it says as an unverified user i can send up to £500 which is more than enough. do i actually need to register my bank account/set up direct debit with them before i can use it, or if i win the auction will i just be prompted to enter card details and just pay the amount. the verification thingy suggests that it might charge you something? :confused:

all help greatfully appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    You only get charged if you're a seller I think...As a buyer you give Paypal your bank details and follow the link in the "congrats...you've won" email and log in etc and then pay.

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks. i might try it then!

ReputationRep:
    yeah, no need to register before the auction ends. You can do a checkout at which point you can make an account automatically from eBay registered details.

ReputationRep:
    i may have to sort out an ebay account soon as one of my mates is vacillating over paying for his reading ticket...

ReputationRep:
    Paypal accounts are really handy. I would suggest you go ahead an sign up and get verified as soon as possible. It will help encourage sellers that you can be trusted.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.paypalsucks.com/

at least be aware before you start to use paypal a lot.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.