would you go to the movies on your own if you wanted to see the film? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Aeris
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I hardly do anything with other people But I wont be ashamed!!
M-J
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i like going to the pics by myself, you can chat up the people that work there...
The Doc
Badges:
Report 13 years ago
I probably wouldn't, although I have seen a lot more people doing it lately. I go roughly twice a week.

I think Cinemas should make adverts to say that its cool to go in on your own, because at the moment its classed as a ssocail event for 2+ people, and if you go on your own, you look out of place. But I think that in the next few years it will be the norm.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
When i go to the pics, its always on my own pretty much... but thats because i've got no friends to go with, so don't really have a choice! :p:
Tyler Durden
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah I would. I was at boarding school so most of my mates don't live around here and those that do have gone off to Uni already. So definitely. Talking of which, is that Constantine film any good?
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by englishstudent)
Yeah I would. I was at boarding school so most of my mates don't live around here and those that do have gone off to Uni already. So definitely. Talking of which, is that Constantine film any good?
If you like that sort of thing you'll probably like it, but its only an average film IMO.
Tyler Durden
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
If you like that sort of thing you'll probably like it, but its only an average film IMO.
Might just download it at some point in that case. It look ok on the trailers.
Aeris
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by The Doc)
I probably wouldn't, although I have seen a lot more people doing it lately. I go roughly twice a week.

I think Cinemas should make adverts to say that its cool to go in on your own, because at the moment its classed as a ssocail event for 2+ people, and if you go on your own, you look out of place. But I think that in the next few years it will be the norm.
But it's so dark in the theatre. Surely no one notices. It's not like going out to dinner on your own or to a jazz club by yourself....
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by englishstudent)
Might just download it at some point in that case. It look ok on the trailers.
Yeah, but trailers are trailers, they are supposed to only show the best bits.
Its interesting enough i suppose, and just about worth watching.
trixx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by abhineyjain)
Why do you get chucked out?
I dunno exactly
noise-making
pi**ing other cinema-goers off
having food fights
and a whole bunch of other stuff.

I think we deserve it most times
Se7en Sins
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah defo....

it would be more fun with me mates though coz we could have a popcorn fight

:rolleyes:
Raziel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeh if you are mouthy and look like a goblin!(personal joke) :eek:

if i wanted to see a film and my girlfriend or any wouldnt like it and refused to take me i would think about it very seriously becuase is not the same watching a DVD than watching it in the cinema
alkaeda
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hellllll nooooo.. i dont really understand why people go on their own ?? surely theres someone (family? dog?) in your life that you can pay to come with ya or if u really wana see the film download it before it comes out.. but i know fo sho that i would always have 2 or 3 peepz to hang out with during the movie and after too.. but thats just me
kateington
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Can the person who neg repped me for saying i shout at people during films who talk all the way through it please tell me why?????!!!!!!!!!!! Mr Jones said exactly the same thing!!!!!
Madelyn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I only go to good (=generally weirdo arty foreign) films on my own, at our independent arty cinema. If you're going just to see the film then it's often better on your own, but I don't think I'd go to the multiplex on my own. But then, there aren't that many films that I want to see there.
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by alkaeda)
hellllll nooooo.. i dont really understand why people go on their own ?? surely theres someone (family? dog?) in your life that you can pay to come with ya or if u really wana see the film download it before it comes out.. but i know fo sho that i would always have 2 or 3 peepz to hang out with during the movie and after too.. but thats just me
I personally think that it would be 'sadder' to pay someone to go with you than to go on your own. But then I dont use phrases like 'fo sho' and 'peepz'.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I do it all the time.
alkaeda
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
I do it all the time.
how did i see that coming :p:
just kdding
Ms Red
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I love going to see girlie movies on my own during the day when its quite, I get myself popcorn , and maltesers and sit there a a very quite cinema at the back, and its my way to escape the world
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by alkaeda)
how did i see that coming :p:
just kdding
Well, I have said it before, several times in fact and since I have a UGC unlimited card, it doesn't even cost me anything.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (55)
98.21%
No (1)
1.79%

Watched Threads