Ambitions, aims, dreams... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Just_Izzy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Inverurie Jones)
Dreams are the reason for living, aren't they? Having them squished really hurts, but one has to try.
but sometimes is ****ing scary as well...
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by izzy_hattie)
but sometimes is ****ing scary as well...
definatly! It has taken me 3 years of putting off my applications, almost getting there and backing out to finally say "screw it I'm doing it anyway." You just have to take the plunge, expect the worst and hope for the best. What is it your scared of?
SilverWings
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Dreams?? Im not sure I have that many really...

I mean... I dont even know which A levels Im doing next year never mind what job I'll end up in or who I'll end up with... I want what most people want... a normal life... love... money... a hot chick :rolleyes:
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by abhineyjain)
I want to be a doctor....and have been like this since I Year 10 (in Yr 11 now)

I was highly fluctuant as a child however!! I can remember wanting to be a pilot for ages but then realising I wanted to do something more rewarding in life - something where I could make a difference, so I chose Medicine. My parents are both doctors, and I find their work facsinating!
errrrm how exactly is being a doctor more rewarding than being a pilot? Hard to say unless you have experience of both!
jd27
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Right now I love the idea of being an academic. Seems like an amazing life...
Just_Izzy
Rep:
?
(Original post by BlackHawk)
definatly! It has taken me 3 years of putting off my applications, almost getting there and backing out to finally say "screw it I'm doing it anyway." You just have to take the plunge, expect the worst and hope for the best. What is it your scared of?
Scared of not being good enough mainly... of trying so hard and failing...
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jd27)
Right now I love the idea of being an academic. Seems like an amazing life...
Each to their own. I'd cry with boredom.
Feefifofum
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Last night I dreamt about kissing someon...but it wasn't my boyfriend. This is worrying.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Scared of not being good enough mainly... of trying so hard and failing...
Not everyone fails at everything because they aren't good enough. Look at it as trying to find out your 'level' in life. Always aim high, and keep aiming higher. If you fail, keep trying. Don't ever give up until they slam the door in your face. Sometimes that counts for just as much as ability. Not trying for fear of failing would be a shame.
jd27
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
There ya go, I could never join the armed forces.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jd27)
There ya go, I could never join the armed forces.
any particular reason?
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report 13 years ago
Do most people know what they want to do in life? Or are you completely unsure? Do you have a particular dream that you would love to achieve, but that is unrealistic?
in a few years i might quit the council and work 4 myself.
Just_Izzy
Rep:
?
Not everyone fails at everything because they aren't good enough. Look at it as trying to find out your 'level' in life. Always aim high, and keep aiming higher. If you fail, keep trying. Don't ever give up until they slam the door in your face. Sometimes that counts for just as much as ability. Not trying for fear of failing would be a shame.
You are so right! But if I aim high and I fail, I can just imagine people wondering why I bothered to aim high in the first place- insecurity I guess, but nevertheless...
Inverurie Jones
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not everyone fails at everything because they aren't good enough.
:cool:
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You are so right! But if I aim high and I fail, I can just imagine people wondering why I bothered to aim high in the first place- insecurity I guess, but nevertheless...
the only thing people will wonder is:

1. how you have the guts to do it
2. why they don't

There is nothing wrong with trying, and don't listen to anyone who says otherwise. Always aim high, never be content with taking something less or coming in 2nd.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Inverurie Jones)
:cool:
great minds think alike :cool:
Just_Izzy
Rep:
?
the only thing people will wonder is:

1. how you have the guts to do it
2. why they don't

There is nothing wrong with trying, and don't listen to anyone who says otherwise. Always aim high, never be content with taking something less or coming in 2nd.
thanks hun, you are very inspiring!
jd27
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not sure, it's anathema to the way i've been brought up I guess. I know some people see it as adventure, or for a career path, but it's the whole killing people thing, along with the institutionalisation (a word?) where you're trained to follow orders unquestioningly. For me it just wouldn't fit.
Much rather the warm, safe, ivory towered world of academic research into things written over 1500 years ago.
black_mamba
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
One of my uni classmates wants to be an astronaut. I laugh at his over ambitious dreams while other classmates get jobs in top notch space companies and he continues his banal job in a shop bossing people around. I have a feeling though that he will get close...nothing wrong with aiming this high methinx.

Personally I have no particular ambition, but instead small shortterm dreams that help push me along. My most recent one being to get my motorbike licence and I'm 3/4 of the way there.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jd27)
Not sure, it's anathema to the way i've been brought up I guess. I know some people see it as adventure, or for a career path, but it's the whole killing people thing, along with the institutionalisation (a word?) where you're trained to follow orders unquestioningly. For me it just wouldn't fit.
Much rather the warm, safe, ivory towered world of academic research into things written over 1500 years ago.
1. You make the orders as an officer
2. Yes you may kill people but its hardly the stigma that is circulated by the media.
3. Not all of it is institionalised, that it an assumption
4. The forces have a shed load to offer anyone, from working in an office at the MoD pushing papers, to controlling fast jets in a bunker, to fixing weaponry on the field.

But, it isn't for everyone. Variety is the spice of life!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1365)
79.73%
Leave (347)
20.27%

Watched Threads