Turn on thread page Beta

Ambitions, aims, dreams... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medic_bex)
    not always... but i do believe i can do anything i set my mind to if i try hard enough... there's just nothing i've found worthy of my efforts yet...
    Being a fighter pilot with dodgy lungs. Doesn't happen. Crappy bloody genetics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inverurie Jones)
    Being a fighter pilot with dodgy lungs. Doesn't happen. Crappy bloody genetics.
    but i don't have dodgy lungs...

ReputationRep:
    but i don't have dodgy lungs...
    I do, apparently. I set my mind on it, but the RAF had more minds set against it.

ReputationRep:
    I do, apparently. I set my mind on it, but the RAF had more minds set against it.
    but you're still gonna go for aac aren't you? so you could still end up flying...
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    unfortunatly the RAF can afford to be picky. I'm in perfect health, have passed the RAF pilot medical, yet I know I won't get it. Life sucks sometimes!

ReputationRep:
    but you're still gonna go for aac aren't you? so you could still end up flying...
    True.

Wuggawuggawuggawugga...
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    True.

Wuggawuggawuggawugga...
    helio pilots get it up quicker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    unfortunatly the RAF can afford to be picky. I'm in perfect health, have passed the RAF pilot medical, yet I know I won't get it. Life sucks sometimes!
    ahem... set your mind to it.... you're lucky you want it so much... it means you'll try harder...

jones: i've cleared out my inbox...
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    ahem... set your mind to it.... you're lucky you want it so much... it means you'll try harder...

jones: i've cleared out my inbox...
    true, aptitude tests and boarding officers are a ***** though. Still, isn't going to hurt me to at least try!

ReputationRep:
    ok it might seem a bit excentric but by the time im 30 i wanna have my own beauty salon, my own resturant (i want to be a maitre de ) and have 2 kids
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    ok it might seem a bit excentric but by the time im 30 i wanna have my own beauty salon, my own resturant (i want to be a maitre de ) and have 2 kids
    no, not at all! You know the government offer small buisness loans and there are plenty of schemes for young people in business nowadays. Its just about sussing out your resources and having people believing in you!

ReputationRep:
    no, not at all! You know the government offer small buisness loans and there are plenty of schemes for young people in business nowadays. Its just about sussing out your resources and having people believing in you!
    Oooo gd gd

ReputationRep:
    I feel really fortunate to say that i'm doing what i've always wanted to do and i love it. I just want to be a mum now. Not right now. I'm kinda busy. And single. But one day
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I feel really fortunate to say that i'm doing what i've always wanted to do and i love it. I just want to be a mum now. Not right now. I'm kinda busy. And single. But one day
    mind me asking what that is? Congrats though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    awww thats so nice!

ReputationRep:
    thinking about what you want to do is often really scary.
    personally i find the best thing to do is to picture yourself in the future as best you can. you dont have to solely focus on career prospects, think about travel, love etc...

whats most important in Your life....?

i think for most people career is one of the last things

that doesnt mean that you should not do any work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenselphie)
    dreams....
    I want to go to Egypt before I die, thats the biggie. The one Ive always wanted. I'd also like to go on a archaeological dig somewhere one day....just doing menial work. I so nearly trained as an egyptologist or an archaeologist, but it was unrealistic. I got so far as the archaeology night course and the classical civ A level, but didnt take it to uni.
    Why did you need class. civ. A-level to do egyptology or acrcheology at uni? Those kind of subjects you don't need any previous experience to do.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    put these in order or preference

Love
    Money
    Career
    Family
    Friends
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by camilla16)
    thinking about what you want to do is often really scary.
    personally i find the best thing to do is to picture yourself in the future as best you can. you dont have to solely focus on career prospects, think about travel, love etc...

whats most important in Your life....?

i think for most people career is one of the last things

that doesnt mean that you should not do any work
    Career is first on my list :cool:

ReputationRep:
    put these in order or preference

Love
    Money
    Career
    Family
    Friends
    Career
    Money
    Friends
    Love
    Family

(obviously I'd put my friends and family above all those things at the moment but I assumed you ment to list those in terms of how important it was to you to gain those things i.e. to get a family of my own.)

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.