Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if any of you guys consider yourselves to be at all sporty? I was NEVER sporty at school, ever, and now I get up at 5:30 most days to row down a freezing cold misty river at dawn and its great! I feel so much healthier and stonger. What sports do people play, if any?

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    I do athletics in the summer, Hockey in the winter, Netball in spring and i also do rounders and i go to the gym and i do dance if you call that a sport. i play for the school and the county. it makes me feel much more healthy and alot better.

ReputationRep:
    Table tennis, lol!! Though that's hardly a sport.

ReputationRep:
    Rugby. Hardcore and fast paced rugby.

ReputationRep:
    Football and table tennis!

ReputationRep:
    When i was at home before I started my postgrad, I used to go to the gym three times a week and sometimes swim after and I used to play badminton twice a week. Here I do nothing but I'm doing my gym induction on sun so I am getting back into shape, hooray!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PRIVATESKLGIRL)
    I do athletics in the summer, Hockey in the winter, Netball in spring and i also do rounders and i go to the gym and i do dance if you call that a sport. i play for the school and the county. it makes me feel much more healthy and alot better.
    That sounds excessively sporty to me...

I never understood the sporting mentality until i started rowing and then I realised it can be quite a rewarding thing to do...even though I am getting up in 6 hours to do it! :eek:

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    That sounds excessively sporty to me...

I never understood the sporting mentality until i started rowing and then I realised it can be quite a rewarding thing to do...even though I am getting up in 6 hours to do it! :eek:

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Hockey all winter, cricket all summer and badminton whenever i can manage. Have 4 hockey matches this week!!

I 've been playing tennis since I was 6. (13years)
    I also play football n go to the gym 2-3 times per week.

ReputationRep:
    I do a lot of walking. Every morning, I walk from my bed to the computer and back again late at night.

ReputationRep:
    I try to play sports when I can, if the opportunity of a game arises I'm there. But the opportunity comes once a week at best. Sporty mentality wanting to be satisfied...

(Original post by Expredders)
    I do a lot of walking. Every morning, I walk from my bed to the computer and back again late at night.
    You're exercising too much.. You could be suffering from serious overtraining syndrome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard)
    You're exercising too much.. You could be suffering from serious overtraining syndrome.
    cricket, not neccessarily a snobish sport.
    Snooker,relaxing yet stressfull.
    Goalkeeping(football)the quickest route to the NHS ER

ReputationRep:
    Kickboxing 3 nights a week and some ice hockey in the winter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Kickboxing 3 nights a week and some ice hockey in the winter.
    Daaaaaaamn tough woman! No wonder you're so hell-bent on doing Maskall's and Kingdong's heads in...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Daaaaaaamn tough woman! No wonder you're so hell-bent on doing Maskall's and Kingdong's heads in...
    Yeah, I think I busted afew threads out on the bag last night.....
    King dong, misserable @#**....... kick, jab, punch!
    F****** Maskell the a**hole......... punch, kick, kick, jab!

Besides they have both insulted me on a personal and racist level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Yeah, I think I busted afew threads out on the bag last night.....
    King dong, misserable @#**....... kick, jab, punch!
    F****** Maskell the a**hole......... punch, kick, kick, jab!

Besides they have both insulted me on a personal and racist level.
    <puffs cheeks> Wouldn't want to be in your bed if ever I flopped...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    <puffs cheeks> Wouldn't want to be in your bed if ever I flopped...
    Ahhh, I'm harmless really, I just like to take out my frustrations on the punch bag. Good stress releiver and it keeps me in shape. In general I'm as gentle as a pussy cat.

ReputationRep:
    Football in the winter.
    Cricket in the summer.
    Snooker, tennis, gym in usually more relaxed environments.

Athletics is for the lucky people who didn't discover or had the willpower to avoid beer and greasy takeaways

ReputationRep:
    Basketball for the Physics team.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.